Just Labradors banner

black labs are beautiful!!!

849 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Campfire_Dog 
#1 ·
Havent been on in a while, My name is Heather, have a 7 month old black lab and and 8 year old black lab mix, bella and colby. about an hour ago I found a lump on my 8 year old male mix, very worried, will call vet in morning, but hoping it is just a fatty lump, or whatever they call it.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Where is the lump located? Our 12 yr old had many lumps. She started getting them at 8 or 9 yrs old. They were under her, on her belly and chest. Some were good sized. They were those fatty tumors. The vet said that older altered dogs get them, especially if they are a little over weight. Hopefully that is what your boy has.

#4 ·
on his left side on his ribcage. It is mushy, and moves, doesnt seem to hurt him when i mess with it. He has recently put on some weight, in the past year, he is altered...his last vet visit, the vet was not concerned about his wieght, said he was just a tad over. I am hoping that is all it is.

#5 ·
Welcome. I hope it is a lipoma. Erns has 2 and they arent that soft, but they do move. Like little balls.

I am a little biased, but do agree black is beautiful...so is my new chocolate girl.lol

#8 ·
I would have it checked at the vet. Try not to worry, it may very well be a fatty tumor. Maggie had one about the size of a golf ball cut in half on her chest, and several others came on as time went on. Sometimes a lump can be from an infection too. It doesn't always have to be something awful. But we moms sure do worry don't we? Let us know what you find out.

#10 ·
Hello,
I like all colour of Labs. They are all beautiful. I always call Jack "My Handsome Boy". It makes him feel good. Haha. Did we ever find out about the lumps. I am afraid I did not catch this one before.
Judy and Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.