I'm Judi and my lab's name is Hamilton

Thread: I'm Judi and my lab's name is Hamilton

judiz is offline Senior Member

DefaultI'm Judi and my lab's name is Hamilton

Hi, I am Judi and my family and I adopted a four year old black lab from an animal shelter in New Jersey this past week. We've been dog owners before but never to a black lab. Hamilton is four years old and is the sweetest dog I have ever met! It was love at first sight when we saw him in the shelter, we just had to take him home that night.

We do not know his history, only that he was in a shelter in North Carolina and a rescue group bought him up North last week. He had tested positive for heart worm but was treated at the NC shelter. Our vet examined him today and found him healthy.
    Last edited by judiz; 10-09-2011 at 09:54 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Welcome Judy, I am also new. Thank you for adopting from a shelter, how awesome that is. I am sure he will bring you much love and happiness.

judiz is offline Senior Member

Thank you Tammy. Hamilton is bringing us happiness, we lost our lab/corgi mix Chelsea in August and you don't realize how empty a house feels once a dog is missing from it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

I know exactly what you mean. Our dog Choco (adopted) passed away January 29th, 2008. We were devestated. I was stopping on the street when I saw a lab was being walked and harrassing the owners. Hugging their dogs asking them about them. All that stuff. I was a real case. My husband said no more dogs. It is just too hard when they leave you. We came out of a sport shop and they were setting up with 8 week old puppies on the side walk. These puppies did not work out for us because we were travelling but as soon as possible we went through the newspapers and found a 10 week old puppy for us to love. Enjoy Hamilton!!!

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

We were in the same boat... We lost our sweet Maggie 12 yrs old in May of this year. It liked to have killed us! The grief was so overwhelming I kept thinking I'd do about anything to just make the pain go away. We decided we needed another dog, and found our wonderful Sophie at a breeder's about 150 miles from us. We brought her home in June. She is now almost 6 months and has my heart. My husband too! We are thankful every day for Sophie. We still miss Maggie and I still have trouble talking about her without crying, but Sophie has helped so much with the grief. She is her own dog, that's for sure! No carbon copy or anything! She's a character! I appreciate you buying a rescue. So many need loving homes.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

You are so welcome Judy. I am soooo sorry for the loss of your dog Chelsea, I lost my beloved Ozzy on June 28th of this year, I feel your pain. I thought my heart would just break in to a million pieces when Ozzy died. Even today I was dusting the shelf where Ozzy's ashes, some favorite pictures and a few other mementos of his are and I sat on the floor crying for a while. We got a new black Lab puppy, Maxx, 3 weeks ago and it does help...
    Ozzy and I had such a special bond and he left us so suddenly I think it made it even harder. I know there are better days ahead for both of us! Maxx is a joy and I also have a Border Collie/Lab mix named Emma. My house. Feels almost whole again. To the memories of thhhhose we have all lost... RIP babies.

morla is offline Senior Member

Hi! Welcome to the forums! I hope you like it here!
    SIMON

Bookwormbiker is offline Senior Member

Welcome Judi and Hamilton! I live in New Jersey too.

deidra is offline Senior Member

Welcome and hope you enjoy it here.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

bett is offline Senior Member

hi and welcome.