Hello All!

Thread: Hello All!

Manirose is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello All!

Hi there,

My name is Manirose and I joined Just Labradors because our family is going to bring a new family
    member home the Spring. We are a young couple with two daughters. We live on over two acres in Northern California. My husband works in retail and I am a stay at home mom. I do hair one day a week but my true love, is being with my daughters. I joined up here in hopes to learn more about this breed and to get more information about whether to get a puppy from a breeder or to look into welcoming a rescue dog into our lives. Either road is fine by me, but my husband is split. He would like to see us bring in a baby that we will have a lifelong bond with and I am of the mind that there are many sweet dogs that end up in situations where their owners can no longer care for them and they are returned to the breeder.

Either way we are excited to open our hearts and home. I look forward to cruising about and getting to know people and more about this beautiful breed of dog.
    May those that love us, love us. And those that do not love us, may God turn
    their hearts and if he cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. ~ an old Irish saying.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! Have you checked with any of the rescues in your area? There are lots of great dogs needing homes. Good luck on your search.

Samson is offline Senior Member

Welcome to JL.

Dylan came to me at five months old. We could not have a closer bond if he had been eight weeks old and I have never looked back.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

superwy is offline Member

Welcome. I just joined recently and am really enjoying this board. You'll learn a lot and get to see some incredible pictures at the same time!
    Kim

Wyatt & Echo

deidra is offline Senior Member

Welcome!
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

Just be careful on the property. Dogs on acreage are not always fenced. Many dogs have been lured away by coyotes and killed by the pack. Not a nice ending for such dear friends. Our last dog we adopted at age 6. He had his head on my husbands lap by the time he was 10 miles down the road. He could not have been more devoted. He was a yard dog on a chain and he became a house dog with no bad habits and was greatful for every touch.