Labs. and Peaks.

Thread: Labs. and Peaks.

Marv. Calhoun is offline Junior Member

DefaultLabs. and Peaks.

Hi new kid on the block but a little long in the tooth, where to begin I purchased my first male Lab. pup back in 1964 for duck hunting and that started a long journey. I joined the Labrador Owners Club the first year it was formed, ran a few FT. along with obedience competition and show moved north and started to raise kids in 1972 at that time I had two male Labs. then a female who I bred and kept a male yellow pup my children were raised with all my dogs till they passed away so between tap dancing and hockey there was not much duck hunting going on, like anything else children grow up get married and moved away. It was in 1994 I was a the Sportsman Show I saw my first chessie in competition about two weeks later I owned a pup and that was a journey for both of us I ran him in CKC. UKC/HT that took me from Ont. to S.Carolina one winter at one time I had 3 peakes. house dogs when all was said and done I had been owned by 4 Peaks. when they had passed on I had the chance to have been owned by a 4 month old female Lab. pup "Willow" nick name and what a fire cracker she is just loves to retrieve, can not get anuff. On this Sat. she got her CKC/WC. Title i,m looking forward to working with her. She has put a little bounce in my step these days. anyway,s that just about brings me up to date, nice talking to you Marv.
    Last edited by Marv. Calhoun; 09-04-2011 at 07:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

marmstr is offline Senior Member

Welcome Marv....
    Hope you find this a great group to hang with.
    We're on our third lab...I grew up with German Shepherds but 'converted' to labs about 20 years ago...and converted my parents to labs too! Artemis is our third lab but first puppy, others were rescues/adult adoptions.

Melissa
    Melissa

Artemis (goddess of the hunt--for anything on the floor!) Feb 2011
    Penny--rescue, died Dec 2010 of Lymphoma at age 7
    Belle--April 1992-Sept 2005

Hi Melissa sorry about your dogs I think that,s one big mistake god made he did not make them to live longer, they leave us way, way to soon. Take care Marv.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Welcome Marv. Look forward to seeing pics of your fur baby.

Not sure if this story is true or not, but I love it anyway. (goes something like this).
    A family with a young boy had to say goodbye to their old dog. The vet came to the house and everyone was as you would expect in tears except the young boy. He explained. Dogs already know how to love so they don't have to live as long as us because we need to live longer to learn what dogs know already.

Some come into our lives for a reason. I lost my first Lab Kassa (3 years old) to jaw cancer, then adopted her litter mate Ernie. I have been blessed.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Hi I guess there is a reason for everything that happens in life, 2011 was not a good year for me health issues and I had two Pheaks. pass away, my house was so quiet you could hear a mouse chewing cheese in the next room then I had a chance for a little four month old female Lab. to enter my life she was a little shy at first but it did not take long for her to figure out the difference between being a kennel dog or belonging to someone and living in a house. She is just a little pepper pot now and I would not have it any other way. Take care Marv.

deidra is offline Senior Member

Welcome Marv! Congrats on your new puppy
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.