Boxer mo. Now has a choc lab... I think.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxer mo. Now has a choc lab... I think.

Licij83 is offline Junior Member

DefaultBoxer mo. Now has a choc lab... I think.

I got a call about some puppies found in a bag in the woods.... And was offered one.... Asked my husband and he told me okay, so now I have this very cute puppies but no idea how old he is are what he is..... To me he looks like a very young choc lab.. But I know nothing about labs.... I know lots about boxers.. But that's not helping me right now... So I'm hoping you all can maybe tell me if you think he is a lab and how old you think he might be.... He is just as sweet as he can be. And Mickey the boxer loves him, and thinks he is great. They play so cute together is melts my heart.
    I'm linking my fb acct to here because it's kinda hard to load pics on my iPad. So anyone who doesn't mind just takena look at the July pics and at the bottom is some of the puppy, and Mickey. Thanks.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...419.1672101768

Again many thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Looks like he has a lot of CHocloate lab in him to me I say about 7-10 weeks. He is adorable though and so is your boxer There is a lot of good advice in the training section. Thank you for giving the little guy a home.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

He is so cute.... 7 weeks huh? He just seems so tiny, lol Mickey came home at 9 weeks and he seemed huge.

I don't care if he is mixed but it's just nice to know what kinda of dog your dealing with. Mickey loves his new friend and has so far been great with him. Mickey is 9months and 85% house trained and is kennel trained. We bell trained Mickey is that something labs pick up pretty fast? Mickey was ringing the bell at about 10 weeks.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

They do pick up on it fast but it depends on the dog. Also lab pupies are very mouthy so get ready to teach the No bite command and have lots of toys!

Can you get a picture of him standing? It may help a little for the age. Has he been to a vet yet? If not he needs to be seen and they can give you his approximate age.

P.S. my signature picture (bottom one) sums up labs in one sentence,lol.
    Last edited by deidra; 07-13-2011 at 10:44 PM.

I will try and get one of him standing. He has a vet appt next week. Im a teacher and we do year around school so it's be a tad hard making an appt.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Looks mostly Lab to me. I would get him to the vet promptly (like tomorrow) if you have not done so already. He has probably had no vaccinations at all.

And I think he is maybe 7-8 weeks at the most.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

He has an appt for Mon, I couldnt do it any soon. He is eatting well and his poo is solid. I know the vet will worm him and give him his shots.

Im feeding what I fed Mickey, Chicken Soup for the Puppy... It seems a tad to hard for him is it safe to add a little bit of water? I have never had a puppy so young, the breeder wouldnt let Mickey go till 9 weeks. Well I'm gonna go to bed, puppy is not sleeping thur the night, so I have the kennel next to the bed to take him out... Husband is playing COD and watching him right now. So Im gonna take a nap and sleep while I can

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

What cute doggies! He does look quite young, will be interested to see what the vet says.
    Welcome to the forum

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

It will be easier to get an idea of his breed(s) when he's older, but I agree with the rest- he appears to have a good amount of Lab in him. I also think Sharon gave a good estimate of his ag 7-8 weeks at the most.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast