Hi! I'm new to Labs and I have a black lab nicknamed," Daisy the hellhound!" lol

Thread: Hi! I'm new to Labs and I have a black lab nicknamed," Daisy the hellhound!" lol

unclejack857 is offline Junior Member

CoolHi! I'm new to Labs and I have a black lab nicknamed," Daisy the hellhound!" lol

Hello, I'm new to labs all together. I had a black lab mix that I just loved that died like 8 months ago. Well, I saw an ad for Black Lab puppies in the paper so I went and bought one. We named her Daisy. She is so fun, but very hyper and just loves to chew! Thank god she loves sticks and firewood and not our furniture! lol Ok, she has a very bad habit of wanting to constantly chew on people's hands and arms! Especially my girlfriend's! lol She will follow her around the house and jump and grab and bite her arms and hands. My girlfriend has done everything imaginable to try to get her to stop. You should see all the toys and bones she has bought her! What's strange is Daisy doesn't try to bite me hardly at all. Although, I think she thinks my girlfriend is playing with her. I know my girlfriend screams and hollers at the dog so much to stop it that the neighbors probably think she is hollering at me! The neighbors probably think I'm a girlfriend beater! lol I actually bought Daisy the hell hound a shock collar but I really don't want to use it! My girlfriend has even tried spraying her with water from a squirt bottle. What's pretty funny is Daisy just starts barking at her! lol
    Any advice for Daisy the hellhound? Thanks! Jack

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

HI. The bitting needs to stop ASAP. Hwo old was she when she was taken from her mom? Most"newspaper" labs come from back yard breeder. For the help on the bitting when she goes to bite you sayNO BITE! and giver her a toy. Do not scream but say it firmly.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

Hi, I believe she was like 6-8 weeks when we got her. If I had a $1 for every time I heard, " No bite" I'd be rich! I can honestly say at times I get real tired of the whole thing, my girlfriend hollering at the dog and saying, " No bite"! She tends to be a lot better behaved when she has gotten excersize. She plays out in the yard with my other 2 dogs. They are German Shepherds and they all just love swimming in my pond! Thanks, Jack

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

She didn't come from a backyard breeder, she came from a barnyard breeder! lol The people had a farm. Not sure if the puppies were intention or not.

Dio's mama is offline Senior Member

When Dio was a pup, he LOVED to "nibble" on people too. We tried ignoring (turning our backs, leaving the room) and it worked if he was really tired, ie, lots of play and exercise. Ultimately, the only thing that worked was taking his lips and pressing them on his teeth. We would do it and say "no bite". It took a few or 10 times, but he has not put his teeth on us since then.
    Also, your gf needs to stop screaming and hollering. It is not helping and is probably amping up your pup. She needs to stay calm and to assert herself. She is the boss, but she needs to calm down and have a cool head. I wouldn't respect someone's authority over me if they were always screaming. Just my 2 cents...
    Gabrielle
    Dio (Best Bud since July 18th, 2009)
    Kaity (Sweetheart since April 29th, 2012)