Hello from Maine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Maine

labfam is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello from Maine

Hi All~
    Thought I'd post an introduction before jumping on board. Really love this website; just wish I had discovered it earlier.

My family and I are currently grieving the loss of our 11 year old SuperDog, Dozer P. Willikins. We had to say goodbye on Tuesday- just 2 short weeks after he was diagnosed with an abdominal mass which had quickly metasticized. His body failed to the point where he had so much fluid in his legs that he couldn't even walk 2 feet.

As much as we are missing our boy, I know it was the right decision to save him from further suffering. I can only hope that he is having a blast in Dog Heaven.

While I know that many people advocate waiting a certain period of time for grieving before searching for another Lab to love, we have already selected a breeder. I know that another dog will never replace our boy, but I honestly believe that Dozer would want us to welcome another Brown Chunk of Love into our home

We miss you Dozer P. Willikins!

Alana

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

honeys dad is offline Senior Member

condolences on losing your boy...everybody grieves in their own way, so don't concern yourself over it. If you feel the best way for you is to bring another dog into your home, then I say by all means do it. Again, sorry about the loss of Dozer.

bett is offline Senior Member

sorry for the loss of your beloved dozer.

no one can tell you how long to grieve or how to grieve or when to get another pup.
    i waited more than 7 months and cried every day, missing my alan.
    i will never wait that long again, and have 2 boys now,one 9 and the other 9 months younger. i intend to get a third so they are not so close in age.
    cant wait to meet your new pal, when he /she arrives.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Welcome and sorry for your loss. Hope to see some pictures of Dozer maybe and of the new puppy
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

So sorry about your boy...but congrats on the addition of a puppy!

Thank you all so much for relating to our sorrow. Every time I turn around, I'm looking for my pup. I can't seem to remember that he's really gone

I'm going to try attaching a pic of our last trip to his very favorite beach.

Thanks again Everyone. So glad to have found this forum. Very excited to become more interactive with the group

Last edited by labfam; 06-27-2011 at 07:33 AM. Reason: fixing pic

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Welcome! Maine is just about my favorite place. Specifically the Camden area. Whereabouts are you?
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    Welcome! Maine is just about my favorite place. Specifically the Camden area. Whereabouts are you?
    Camden is beautiful. We're in Portland; about 15 minutes from the beach

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labfam View Post
    Camden is beautiful. We're in Portland; about 15 minutes from the beach
    I have friends in Portland too. Great city!
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

DefaultApollo is here! A few questions re: vomiting

Hi All!
    It's been quite some time since my last post but we're so happy to report that Apollo (our now 13 week old Chocolate Chunk) is bonding so well with our family. We're currently taking a puppy training class (awesome instructor) and attending 2 puppy playgroups per week. While we're experiencing some issues with barking and jumping along with the expected crazy chewing of everything BUT his play toys, he's already bringing so much joy into our lives.

We wanted to reach out for any experience you all may have with occasional vomiting. Since bringing Apollo home on December 20 (just shy of 8 weeks old), we have now counted 5 separate incidents of vomiting. 3 of these incidents have taken place during the middle of the night while sleeping in his crate. At first, we thought he may just be eating his food too quickly, but not so sure since many hours have passed since his dinner meal. It usually happens at about 4:30 am. The only unfamiliar objects we've seen him ingest are peanut shells (dang numbers insist on feeding the squirrels peanuts by the bucketful which of course land directly in our yard), bark, and leaves. He eats a high-quality kibble food and no table food whatsoever. Any thoughts of what could be causing his stomach upset? We discussed this with our Vet who advised us to track each incident; however, I wanted to run this by all of you wonderful Lab families.

We thank you in advance for any ideas you may share!

The Jettes

Apollo and Bear 12212011.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast