Hello
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hello

  1. #1
    TinPan76 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calverton, Long Island, NY
    Posts
    29

    DefaultHello

    Hello everyone, Im TinPan Don. Im a blues guitarist from Long Island NY, my wife Beverly and I have lived here for 6 years. We have 2 wonderful chocolate labs "Candy 11yo" and "Ginger" 10yo. There is a saying in my industry "you dont have to be sad to play the blues", this is true because I have found that when Im sad I dont play as well as when Im happy. Today Im sad because we have a health problem with Ginger and we may loose her soon, possibly even by today. I will post the problem and some questions in the other forum room.
    Be good, be well, and God Bless!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    dek
    dek is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Welcome to the forum. Sending good thoughts for Ginger.



  4. #3
    BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11,990

    Default

    Welcome Don. Is playing the blues your livelihood? My son is a guitarist in a band in NJ.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    TinPan76 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calverton, Long Island, NY
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    Welcome Don. Is playing the blues your livelihood? My son is a guitarist in a band in NJ.
    Not at this time, I retired after some health issues of my own, I have MS, and was told 25/30 years ago that not only will I never play guitar again but I should expect to be in a wheelchair with in 5 years. My hands and fingers went numb so I quit playing believeing what they told me. Well not only em I not in a wheelchair 30 years later I am making a come back. I will be playing tomorrow which will be tough thinking of Ginger. (who is still with us by the way, she is back on her meds and is eating, but it is only a matter of time, Bev and I are greatful to God for a little extra time)

  7. #5
    BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TinPan76 View Post
    Not at this time, I retired after some health issues of my own, I have MS, and was told 25/30 years ago that not only will I never play guitar again but I should expect to be in a wheelchair with in 5 years. My hands and fingers went numb so I quit playing believeing what they told me. Well not only em I not in a wheelchair 30 years later I am making a come back. I will be playing tomorrow which will be tough thinking of Ginger. (who is still with us by the way, she is back on her meds and is eating, but it is only a matter of time, Bev and I are greatful to God for a little extra time)
    Congrats on the comeback! Ginger (and you and your wife) will continue to be in my thoughts.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

  8. #6
    bett is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    baldwin ny
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    hi from another long islander.
    hope ginger gets better.

  9. #7
    TinPan76 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calverton, Long Island, NY
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bett View Post
    hi from another long islander.
    hope ginger gets better.
    Hello, what part of LI? We are east near Riverhead. Thanks for the well wish's Im sorry to report that we lost Ginger yesterday.

  10. #8
    bett is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    baldwin ny
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TinPan76 View Post
    Hello, what part of LI? We are east near Riverhead. Thanks for the well wish's Im sorry to report that we lost Ginger yesterday.
    so sorry about your loss of ginger.
    baldwin, south shore.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25