What is the 'Mix' is in my Lab/Mix Puppy....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the 'Mix' is in my Lab/Mix Puppy....

Phalanx is offline Junior Member

DefaultWhat is the 'Mix' is in my Lab/Mix Puppy....

Hello All,

New puppy owner here. After years of waiting and making sure that we had the time/money to properly care for a puppy, my wife and I adopted "Dobby" from a local shelter. He came to the shelter along with a group of other puppies from Alabama rescued from the tornadoes.

He is roughly 3.5months old. Extremely energetic, loves retrieving, digging and is a bit nippy... though that is to be expected with a teething puppy. According to the adoption papers, he is a Lab/Mix, but they had no other information.

Based on his demeanor and some picture searching, Im thinking that he is a Lab/Terrier mix... though what type of terrier etc, Im not sure. Im also not totally sure if its even Terrier.

Below are some pictures. Hopefully someone may be able to spot some things that are tell-tale signs of what his mix might be and perhaps how big he might get? His paws arent too big, so that leads me to believe he wont get all that large. Maybe 40-50lbs. He was 19lbs when I weighed him 2 weeks ago and he has definitely gained some weight since.

He will be visiting the Vet next week and Im sure I can get a guesstimate of his potential size from the vet. But fr now, Ill rely on the lovely people on the internet to help.

If images are too large, let me know and I will re-create as clickable thumbnails...

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Oh wow, what a cutie! The second picture has me thinking he might have some German Shepherd in him. His ears look like they are going to try to stand up like a GSD. But I can see some terrier in the last picture. If he does have terrier in him, my first thought was Airdale or Welsh, but they aren't that popular. So I'd go with the good old stand by of Jack Russel. Judging by his age and weight, I'd estimate he's going to be about 60 pounds as an adult (which would eliminate JRT or Welsh Terrier as his mix). That's assuming he's close to the age you were told.

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

agree!

CUTE!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

He is the cutest thing ever! He does look like he has some GSD in him. I am no help really, I just wanted to say how cute he was . . . the ears kill me. You could always just call him a German Labrador Terrier. Thanks for rescuing the sweet little guy.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

lisa is offline Senior Member

Sorry no help with the "mix" in your lab/mix....but what a cutie pie, I love those ears

deidra is offline Senior Member

Thanks for rescuing I can see rat terrier in him.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

Phalanx is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the comments, all! We love our little guy, though he tends to give my wife a hard time when Im not around.

You know, when we first brouth him home, I thought he almost looked like he has some GSD in him. He has lots of redish/brown accents up on the back of his head and neck that are hard to capture in photos. The redish/brown seems to become more prominent with every passing day. However, but the lack of large paws threw me off. Of course, if hes a mix, especially if there is any other smaller breed in there he could get the size from that.

Here are a few other pictures:

deidra is offline Senior Member

He is adorable! BTW he is a gsd tail Long and slender
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Oh my what a cutie!! No clue what he may be mixed with but he just looks like a total sweetheart. Thank you for rescuing him

silverbyrd21 is offline Senior Member

I think GSD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast