Picking out a New Pup!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picking out a New Pup!

McFadden is offline Junior Member

DefaultPicking out a New Pup!

I new here. I am thinkiing about getting a new pup from a place called Soundview in Pennsylvania. The mom is chocolate & the dad is black (Nipntuck Hyspire Unforgettable Nat). Both are great looking dogs. Wondering if anyone has heard of Soundview or Hyspire. I have very good vibes from both, but it's quite a life-long decision. Wanted Chocolate, but think I may be getting a Black. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

The black puppy in my picture is from GRCH Hyspire Hotter Than Blazes "Blaze". They have wonderful dogs. My guy also named Blaise (as a variant and due to the slim white stripe on his chest) is a happy, healthy, chunk with a great temperament. Nicest dog I have ever owned. His dam was a lovely girl too - sweet and easy.

I think color is secondary in the decision. You should really think about what you want in a dog (high drive, busy, plan to work in the field or in agility or mellow, couch potato, lower exercise needs, family pet only). The breeder will match you to the type of dog that fits in with your lifestyle. Good breeders don't let puppy buyers pick out their own pup - they match families to puppies since they know their puppies well. I went into getting Blaise totally open to either sex and any color.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH! That makes me feel that I'm on the right track. You know, I'm doing this all on-line and often web sites are not what they appear. The picture of Nat is just beautiful & Soundview's Olivia seems so sweet. Also, thanks for telling me to go for the personality of the dog and let the color alone. I was hoping for a chocolate, but the temperment is much more important to me --- being something of a couch potato myself. Thanks....

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Nat has sired quite a few pups that are showing at Potomac....he's gorgeous.
    Check it out:
    Results

Hyspire is a wonderful line of dogs.

Oh my, thanks. That's quite impressive. I feeling much more comfortable going forward. I have a bossy little dog at home but had a chocolate lab who lived over 16 years and I never quite got over my love for labs. My dream is to have all three colors at one time! Your guy looks like a chocolate and is quite a beauty, thanks javasmom.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Nat is a beauty. Sounds as though you found breeders that do it right (do all the appropriate testing on hips/elbwos/eyes/heart - hopefully EIC and PRA as well - AND compete with the dogs to prove them).

When it comes to picking a puppy - best to let the breeder pick. They spend 8 weeks with the litter and should know their personality pretty well. They can pick the pupy that best fits your family and lifestyle (in fact, some breeders only do it this way and do not let buyers pick their puppies)

IF you are particular about either color or gender (or both) that is also ok but it means you may have to wait for a few litters to find not only the right "color/gender" mix but the right FIT personality wize (which is most important). You shouldn't pick the puppy that isn't the right fit personality wize simply because of gender/color.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by McFadden View Post
    Oh my, thanks. That's quite impressive. I feeling much more comfortable going forward. I have a bossy little dog at home but had a chocolate lab who lived over 16 years and I never quite got over my love for labs. My dream is to have all three colors at one time! Your guy looks like a chocolate and is quite a beauty, thanks javasmom.
    I actually have 2 chocolate girls-Java(2 years old) and Moka (1 1/2 years old).
    I'll never have all 3-I prefer the chocolates over any other color!!
    Java

Moka

The girls:

Quote Originally Posted by McFadden View Post
    That's Java in my avatar pic:

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Congrats on choosing another lab. You have already received some good advice, and looks like a good choice in breeders. Make sure you come back and post lots of pics after you get the puppy!!!
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. And congratulations on finding a good breeder, I look forward to seeing pics of your pup!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast