Hello everyone!

Thread: Hello everyone!

Cyndy is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello everyone!

Hello...I am a new lab mom. COAL was born January 4th 2011. He weighs 17 lbs. right now and wears an 11 inch collar. I have always been the mom to bichons and a sheltie. Never have a large breed furkid before. We are feeding him Taste of the Wild Hi Prairie.
    I am not sure what really is the right amount to feed him and now am concerned about the calcium levels, etc. for Taste of the Wild and a puppy. He is eating 2 1/2 cups a day right now split into 3 meals. One at 6 a.m., one at noon and then at 5 p.m. I am really open to ALL advice from any of you. I don't want him on anything but high quality food and fortunately I am able to find a lot of it locally. If not, I will buy it online. The other furkids are on Taste of the Wild. His breeder had him on Diamond Puppy Food but it had grains in it...is that really a problem for a lab puppy? Thanks!! So much to learn. he is sure an active happy guy and his best friend is our little Jack Russell terrier mix who gives him a run for his lab money

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Hi & welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here to help with your new puppy.

Jenn is offline Junior Member

Welcome!!!! and I agree with Georgie there is lots of great informailn here!!! And I know what you mean when you talk about when you say they are active lab puppy cuz my black lab is still pretty active and she is over a year old. I really don't have much to tell you about dog food I just give mine beniful puppy now she is on a grown up beniful brand.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Welcome! on dog food i feed Purina dog chow and Purina puppy food to my pups. If you are going to do what i do and bike your dog i give 1 cup or 2 in the morning and 4 cups at night! I think what you are feeding him now is good though.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

bett is offline Senior Member

hi

hunterchrome is offline Senior Member

Welcome! We do grain free food with our boys. I would look on the back of the bag of your food for feeding recommendations. JL is great for suggestions on various things, so enjoy!! You should post a photo of Coal, I love the name.
    Hunter & Chrome

Nallah06 is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the board!!

Looking forward to seeing some photos of COAL, he sounds like a handsome little man!
    Loved by Kelley
    Nallah (8/6/2006)
    Morgan (5/17/2008)
    Remi (7/3/2010)