Running Order this weekend (our first hunt tests!)

Thread: Running Order this weekend (our first hunt tests!)

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRunning Order this weekend (our first hunt tests!)

I just looked it up on Entry Express, and it looks like we're #7 on Saturday and #26 on Sunday. That will hopefully give me some time to run the WC on Sunday morning (Donna- Enough time?) and then get Monty cooled off before we actually run the JH test that day! 8)

I sure don't feel ready...but hey, everyone has to start somewhere, eh?

BTW, Kelly- thanks again for helping us train on our way back home from San Diego yesterday. I learned a ton (as did the Mont-ster man)! You're an outstanding trainer and instructor!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Running Order this weekend (our first hunt tests!)

BTW, a quick "funny" from yesterday-
    Monty was wandering around while we were talking, and he ended up snatching a bumper off of the ground that I had sitting just under my rear bumper, and continued trotting around the car and out-of-sight. Next thing I know, he comes back around the car from the opposite side, and where I'm expecting to see a white bumper, he's carrying a duck! Still not sure where the duck was when he snatched it, but was a shocker, nonetheless! LOL

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

georgie is offline Senior Member

Good luck at the test. Do we ever feel really ready? I know Monty will do just fine. Just remember to relax, breathe & above all...have fun.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_2Labpups is offline Senior Member

You will have no problem running both WC and the hunt test. I don't have a whole lot of entries for the WC. You could probably be done with the WC before you even run your first series of the JH

We need marshals for Saturday and Sunday Junior, are you interested?? It will keep your mind off of how nervous you will be I am Marshaling Master and running test dog. I was lazy in my training these past couple of months, it was too freaking hot and the ants and flies were biting on those days. Ask Kelly, I was whining a LOT!

Cute story on Monty. It's what you like to see bumpers and ducks in his mouth!
    Donna, slave to Gidget and Lucy Lou<br />Gidget, CGC, JH, SH&nbsp; &nbsp; Lucy, CGC, JH, SH<br />

Quote Originally Posted by 2Labpups
    You will have no problem running both WC and the hunt test. I don't have a whole lot of entries for the WC. You could probably be done with the WC before you even run your first series of the JH

We need marshals for Saturday and Sunday Junior, are you interested?? It will keep your mind off of how nervous you will be
    As long as I am okay running my own dog (and getting a chance to air him before-hand for a little while), I would be more than willing to marshal (I just need a course on how to do so, though I will have my AKC Hunt Test Rulebook with me in my training bag). I would also love to get the WC done as early as possible (can I run Monty first?) so I can concentrate on everything else, if possible. I get too stressed when trying to do too much at once. I found that out in the show ring with Libby in obedience and Monty in sweeps and regular classes as a puppy. LOL Can you e-mail me with any information I need to know on marshaling? Or, I can call you (just PM me your phone number...I don't have it in my cell phone yet)...

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Hey, you'll do great. Believe in your dog... that's all you can do when you approach the line. JH should be ALL dog, no handler, as long as you don't commit the cardinal sins like releasing before the judge says Dog or putting a head lock on him to take the bird (or picking it up off the ground if he drops it).

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

You'll do fine! Just remember to breathe! Good luck!!
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10