Well, I just sent in a check for the upcoming LRCSC WC test...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I just sent in a check for the upcoming LRCSC WC test...

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultWell, I just sent in a check for the upcoming LRCSC WC test...

And I am *really* considering entering the LRCSC JH tests at the end of October as well... I don't know that I will ever feel truly ready, but I may as well get out there and find out, right? Since we're "weekend warriors" (we can't get out during daylight to work during the week due to my hours on the job), it is difficult to evaluate, but a friend we did some marks with at the local sports complex yesterday morning told me that he doesn't see any reason why Monty *couldn't* pass a JH test. Guess we'll see...if not the weekend of Oct 25-26, then probably one not too long after.

When do you ever feel *really* ready? Any things I should be really testing out to make sure we *are* ready?

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Well, I just sent in a check for the upcoming LRCSC WC test...

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover

When do you ever feel *really* ready? Any things I should be really testing out to make sure we *are* ready?
    You NEVER feel "really" ready, or I don't. If we ever feel totally confident, I will probably pick a new sport. At JH, I would be sure my delivery to hand was solid, and let 'er rip! Its all just doggies picking up chickens!
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

georgie is offline Senior Member

I bet Monty will do well in the JH test. Like Gulf Coast said...work on delivery to hand. Also, they are single marks so that it what I would work on. All of the JH tests I have run in have been pretty straight forward. Just so Monty goes out & gets the duck & brings it back to you..you will be fine. We always changed where the bird would fall, sometimes in slight cover, sometimes at the woodline. Just to be ready for anything you may get at the test.

Oh & about being "ready"...I never feel ready. Just remember to breathe.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Delivering to hand isn't a huge deal, but we still get an occasional refusal on a go-out when he gets confused about something...for instance, when he forgets where he saw a "bird" fall (if he saw it in the first place...you know how every once in a while, the bird will be thrown right when the dog decides to scan the horizon away from the actual mark, or when something catches their attention from behind in the gallery?) or so forth. I'm sure it is a new dog/new handler thing, but I would be heart-broken to have a refusal on the go-out after paying $70/day for 2 days. (sigh) Also- I heard from someone else that the WC test can sometimes interfere with the JH test... do most clubs work with you when you do multiple things on the same day? For instance, I know that many times, they'll hold a class for you in conformation if you're stuck in obedience doing your heeling pattern or whatnot.

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

georgie is offline Senior Member

I know what you are saying. I always worry that Molly will turn her head at the moment the bird is thrown & not see the fall. I try to give her a minute to settle at the line before signaling for the bird. But as she got more experience & did more tests she did become more focused but still, you never know what will happen at a test. I know they do try to keep it fairly quiet when you go to the line, but Molly is more easily distracted than Abby.
    That is something I never mind have happen when we are training....distractions. At least when we train I don't have to worry about "giving a donation" when Molly misses the fall.

I don't know about your area or club but when we were in the last hunt test, Abby was entered in the JH test & also a senior test. We told the marshal at each test & they let her run out of order so she could do both in one day. You could ask the people putting on the events how to do it.

Good luck.

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

They will work with you on running out of order, just tell the Marshal what the deal is and they will hook you up.
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

imported_2Labpups is offline Senior Member

Oh, I will have to check my mail!

Julie, just tell the Marshal at Junior you are also running WC/WCX and they will work you in. It's very common
    Donna, slave to Gidget and Lucy Lou<br />Gidget, CGC, JH, SH&nbsp; &nbsp; Lucy, CGC, JH, SH<br />

Quote Originally Posted by 2Labpups
    Oh, I will have to check my mail!

Julie, just tell the Marshal at Junior you are also running WC/WCX and they will work you in. It's very common
    Thanks, Donna! It should be getting to you within the next couple of days. I'm not forseeing any problems with passing (the WC), but you never know. LOL

Now, I just have to talk Kelly into helping me work out how to attach the old, used TT receiver I have to the spankin' new GU SOG Winger I'm expecting in early next week.

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Good luck with both events! You'll do just fine.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Good luck, Julie! Even if nothing comes of it, it will be a learning experience for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast