Add another JH from this weekend!!

Thread: Add another JH from this weekend!!

labnpug is offline Senior Member

DefaultAdd another JH from this weekend!!

WOW -- Congrats to all of you other JH title earners this weekend and to Georgie for the senior passes, too!

We did go to the Indiana hunt tests this weekend and had the worst conditions I have EVER seen for a test (not the club's fault at all, they were real troopers about it all). There was at least 6 inches of rain on Sat. per their weather report that night and more on Sunday. Our dogs ran the land in up to calf deep water as the field flooded as the hours went on. One of my dogs was the last to run on Sat. and by the time he ran the holding blinds were over ankle deep in water and the line was calf deep on me, looked like a small pond. The judges were absolutely soaked, an easy up did no good to protect them, yet they were still very nice to each exhibitor.

Summer passed the Sat. test earning her JH and went on to also pass yesterday in only slightly better conditions (in that it only rained on and off on land but driving rain when she ran water). On Sat. she had all 10s from one judge, mostly 10s from the other -- she was absolutely awesome on her marking. Since she has no performance titles behind her I am very pleased with her natural ability.

Sadly my other dog just couldn't keep focused under the circumstances (he is 19 months old) so he didn't pass although he did a perfect job on his shot flyer yesterday. We'll give him time to mature and I'll get him back in tests next spring. It's just how it is and I'm not going to give up on him as he has "moments of brilliance".

The good news is that the person who drove with me also got her JH and the other friends who were there added more legs towards their titles.

We had a horrible drive home as Ike was wreaking havoc on N. Indiana and Chicago area so parts of the interstates we needed to take were closed due to flooding, took 3 hours longer due to trying to find ways to get home. However, my friend and I were happy since we both had those coveted title ribbons.

Also met Dani from this board on Sat. -- hard to carry on a conversation though as everyone was just trying to keep their dogs, themselves and their vehicles as dry and possible. Maybe we'll meet up somewhere else under better conditions next year.

There are some photos of Summer from two weeks ago here: http://www.drsphotos.net/aug__30_jr_b.htm (she is dog #5). We may have a few from this weekend in between downpours, will send if we get them.
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_2Labpups is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Add another JH from this weekend!!

WOO HOO SUMMER!!!! Congratulations.

Sounds like interesting conditions that everyone made the best of. About your other dog, some dogs just need time to mature a little. Gidget was a year behind Lucy not just in age but in maturity. Lucy earned her SR Title at 2 years old, Gidget 3 could be that she is a stubborn chocolate too :suspious:
    Donna, slave to Gidget and Lucy Lou<br />Gidget, CGC, JH, SH&nbsp; &nbsp; Lucy, CGC, JH, SH<br />

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Yahooo! Nice work. Your boy is at a tough age for focus, but I bet next year will be a breeze for him! Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

georgie is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on your JH title. It sounds like nasty weather conditions. I bet your boy will do just fine for the spring hunt tests.

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Fantastic!!! Congratulations!!!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Dani is offline Senior Member

Congrats on your title. I do apologize for not really being focused...I was immensely disappointed in the conditions, my boys, and the fact that the judge sent the bird girl back to the blind while Rookie was running. I just needed to get out of there and call it a day. Your dogs are gorgeous, and I hope that we do get a chance to meet up again. The weather was horrific and the test was not my favorite in the world.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Tundra Aries Guest

Congratulations!!