I am not sure what happened but I am now the chairman for the April Hunt Test?

Thread: I am not sure what happened but I am now the chairman for the April Hunt Test?

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

Default I am not sure what happened but I am now the chairman for the April Hunt Test?

I went to the IVRC (Inland Valley Retriever Club) meeting and they were discussing things and asking for people to fill positions and suddenly I had become the Chairman for the April 18th-19th hunt test? How did this happen? I have never done anything like this for a club before, normally I just volunteer to work at shows and avoid all the comitee's and such. Now I have to figure out what I need to do. I read the AKC page on my duties and it seems I am in charge of getting birds, ribbons,judges rooms and meals and flights and babysitting the judges, and all the equipment and I am also in charge of the outhouses at the shows..lol

Kelly and Amber and Ready
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I am not sure what happened but I am now the chairman for the April Hunt Test?

Congratulations and good luck!

Stuff like that usually happens to me when I SKIP a meeting!

Ask your club if they have a checklist of stuff that needs to be done, it helps get rid of the last second angst. We probably have one here somewhere if they don't. Based on our experiance, I would SERIOUSLY consider using EntryExpress.net, as it will take a bunch of work of your hunt secretary for an AKC test (or HuntSecretary.com for an HRC test).

Don't forget gifts for the Judges!
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

imported_2Labpups is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I am not sure what happened but I am now the chairman for the April Hunt T

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    I went to the IVRC (Inland Valley Retriever Club) meeting and they were discussing things and asking for people to fill positions and suddenly I had become the Chairman for the April 18th-19th hunt test? How did this happen?
    SUCKER!!!

Have I not taught you anything? DON'T SHOW UP to meetings (didn't see me there did ya?) j/k and DON'T VOLUNTEER ANYTHING, EVER!!! You plug your ears and walk around singing the theme song to the Smurfs, like you haven't a clue about ANYTHING

You'll do fine. Get a hold of Mark, Wendy and Miki to follow/apprentice them during the next couple of hunt tests. There is a lot of us that are willing to help you out.
    Donna, slave to Gidget and Lucy Lou<br />Gidget, CGC, JH, SH&nbsp; &nbsp; Lucy, CGC, JH, SH<br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I am not sure what happened but I am now the chairman for the April Hunt T

The nice thing about this test is that it is going to be small only one master,one senior, and one junior test. I will only have to deal with 4 judges because we will have senior one day and junior the next day. Tony said he will give me a checklist but we have a few things already started like birds. I need to wait for the judge comitee to give me their list of judges. the equipment is all ours and with a small test we shouldn't need to borrow any. I won't need as many worker/gunners. we already have the grounds secure. Outhouses are already there. If we can get all local judges I will only have to do the gifts and feed them. And if they don't like the way I do stuff I will be off the hook for doing it again..lol
    lol and yes Donna your name was already mentioned as a possible judge...

Kelly and Amber and Ready
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

imported_2Labpups is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    lol and yes Donna your name was already mentioned as a possible judge...
    I had a feeling I drew the short straw on this one :suspious: I need to pay back to the club since they let me apprentice last year.

Cabela's Gift Certificate works great for me as a judges gift
    Donna, slave to Gidget and Lucy Lou<br />Gidget, CGC, JH, SH&nbsp; &nbsp; Lucy, CGC, JH, SH<br />

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I am not sure what happened but I am now the chairman for the April Hunt Test?

I have a one word suggestion for you: DELEGATE!!!!

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014