Our AKC Pigeon Hunt Test UPDATED for Sunday! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our AKC Pigeon Hunt Test UPDATED for Sunday!

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Our AKC Pigeon Hunt Test UPDATED for Sunday!

Wow, that is really scary. I wonder who is supplying our birds for the weekend test...
    Off to set up my wingers right now as a matter of fact, before any more apple samples roll in! Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I think that the events this weekend that are probably scrambling for birds (though the bird supplier might already be finding more birds) would be Puget Sound Lab Retriever club (hunt test) and Idaho Retriever Club (field trial) and Sagehens Retriever Club (field trial).

Kelly and Amber and Ready

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Our club (PSLRA) apparently had the same supplier but have it handled now. I had a call this afternoon. Don't know whether they were able to get enough ducks for live flyers though......... Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    I think that the events this weekend that are probably scrambling for birds (though the bird supplier might already be finding more birds) would be Puget Sound Lab Retriever club (hunt test) and Idaho Retriever Club (field trial) and Sagehens Retriever Club (field trial).

Kelly and Amber and Ready

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

I am pretty sure if you walked up to an official in the Mississippi Department of Wildlife or the Department of Agriculture and said "Ducks with antigen to Avian flu (I think H-5?)" They would look at you with a really blank stare and say something like "No thanks, I already ate lunch."
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

I wonder if it was the high path H5-N1 variety (which is the one that "they" are really afraid of). Birds can test positive for the H5-N1 Low path and there is not much concern. If all those birds were killed for the low path version, I'd say someone jumped the "gun" so to speak. As far as I know, only the low path version has been found here in the U.S.

Congrats on your pass though!

Too bad about the no pass on Saturday. Around here, it's about 50-50 as to weather they will fail for a "break" before "dog" being said. But I have seen some judges get really picky about what they allow and do not allow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12