Kelly- I ordered the books you recommended...

Thread: Kelly- I ordered the books you recommended...

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultKelly- I ordered the books you recommended...

as well as some more bumpers.

AND, Kate told me that she has Monty up as a pick-up dog for birds they shoot starting off at the hunt test? I haven't ever been to one before, so don't know what that means, but she said that he'd have a lot of fun doing that, and he's on "stand-by" as a juniors test dog if the marshals don't run their own. Yay! 8)

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Kelly- I ordered the books you recommended...

Pick up dog is the dog that gets to pick up any water marks that the running dog doesn't find or won't retrieve. They also sometimes us the pick up dog for when the set up the series and the gunners want to practice shooting a few ducks to make sure they will fall in the right spot (Usually only water marks require a pick up dog).
    You will learn a lot by working at the tests. I noticed that Kate had you down as working Masters on Friday, but I thought you were working that day?

Kelly and Amber and Ready
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    I noticed that Kate had you down as working Masters on Friday, but I thought you were working that day?
    Yes...I am working that day. I don't know why they had me down because I told them that, but I believe (hope?) it has been cleared up.

Thanks...I'm really looking forward to it!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_2Labpups is offline Senior Member

Pick up dog is fun! You'll enjoy it, Monty will like it too I've been advised by our dog trainer not to run this hunt test and to wait till LRCSC Makes sense, the whole family was on vacation for 3 weeks and Steve was on vacation for 2 weeks and either one of us including Gidget haven't really been in the field training. I am still going to Marshal and use Gidget as test dog and take some pictures.

I see we will have Tellus Calhoun running our tests. He's coming down for the Master and Junior on Friday and Saturday. He too runs Super Retriever. Should be great to see him run dogs in person
    Donna, slave to Gidget and Lucy Lou<br />Gidget, CGC, JH, SH&nbsp; &nbsp; Lucy, CGC, JH, SH<br />

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Tellus is a great guy! I met him at an SRS event (I was a spectator).
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

I was wondering who Tellus was, I noticed all the dogs he had entered so I looked at the history of them in hunt tests and noticed that they only had about a 50% Q rate in Junior, yet he has a bunch of master dogs and Master national dogs? Is it just a fluke? Now I am doubting my dogs readiness for our 1st junior test. Is going 4 for 4 really hard, or is it that sometimes weird things happen in tests? What is a good Q rate for a junior dog with a novice handler?

Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

imported_2Labpups is offline Senior Member

Unfortunately for Pros, if an owner INSISTS on you running their dog in a test the pro doesn't feel the dog is ready, you run the dog and prove the owner wrong which could have been the case here. SRS is coming to Prado in Feb so I am assuming he is trying to title some dogs for his clients before then to qualify for the pro and am and using this as a starting point not to mention checking out the field.

Kelly, AMBER will do great! Lucy went 4 for 4, Gidget went 4 for 5
    Donna, slave to Gidget and Lucy Lou<br />Gidget, CGC, JH, SH&nbsp; &nbsp; Lucy, CGC, JH, SH<br />

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    I was wondering who Tellus was, I noticed all the dogs he had entered so I looked at the history of them in hunt tests and noticed that they only had about a 50% Q rate in Junior, yet he has a bunch of master dogs and Master national dogs? Is it just a fluke? Now I am doubting my dogs readiness for our 1st junior test. Is going 4 for 4 really hard, or is it that sometimes weird things happen in tests? What is a good Q rate for a junior dog with a novice handler?

Most pro's gotta pay the bills, so they train whatever comes in the door, good, bad, and sometimes ugly! If a client demands the dog be run in a test, the dog gets run, ready or not. If a pro is placing at SRS, FT's, and has GRHRCH or MNH dogs, the pro knows what they are doing!
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

True I did forget about the owner part, especially if they just want a JH then they might really push their gdogs out early.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Labpups
    Unfortunately for Pros, if an owner INSISTS on you running their dog in a test the pro doesn't feel the dog is ready, you run the dog and prove the owner wrong which could have been the case here. SRS is coming to Prado in Feb so I am assuming he is trying to title some dogs for his clients before then to qualify for the pro and am and using this as a starting point not to mention checking out the field.

Kelly, AMBER will do great! Lucy went 4 for 4, Gidget went 4 for 5