We are back!

Thread: We are back!

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultWe are back!

What a great vacation we had!

It started off with Kodi's try for her last leg in Junior at the Omega Farms. She absolutely nailed the marks, and got her JH! (with "style and Flare" according to the judges!) That made three titles in three weeks for the little princess. (CDX UCD and JH) Kodi is now known as

SHR UCD GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle's Kodiak Dreamweaver JH CDX RAE TT WC CGC

I did not get any shots of my guys running, but here are a couple of Friday, littermate to Dani's Rookie

My Obedience Instructor, Marcia and her Golden, Torch

Note the live goose (actually there were a dozen or so) in the background. Silly birds stayed around despite the gunfire!

From there, we went to Ludington and spent two weeks getting ready for Hoss debut in Seasoned at Kankakee this coming weekend. I hope we are ready! Hoss is a great marker, and gained a lot of confidence in blinds while we were on vacation. With the rain in June we now have about 20 one to twenty acre lakes on our property. Lots of different scenarios that we could set up and I tried to take advantage of every second I could to work Hoss in different cover and distances. If the blinds are not too much further out than 50 yards he should be able to do it. After about 60 yards the handling gets sloppier, but he always gets his bird!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: We are back!

You will not have a blind longer than 60 yards in Seasoned. Most likely between 40 and 60.
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast
    You will not have a blind longer than 60 yards in Seasoned. Most likely between 40 and 60.
    I sure hope so!

It was funny doing land marks in the woods (up a 200 foot tall wooded sand dune). I had a hand held launcher and launched it up the hill. Aiming one of those things is not real precise, and the dummy bounced off about 5 or 6 trees before landing. Apparently Hoss followed each bounce and nailed the mark. Doing fetch up and down dunes of that size takes the edge off a hyped dog pretty well!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

60 yards is the max limit for a seasoned blind. All of them I ran after the change from 40 to 60 were in the 50 yard range on land. Good luck in your test!
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

georgie is offline Senior Member

Congratulations. Good luck on the next test.

imported_2Labpups is offline Senior Member

Congratulations! Great vacation!
    Donna, slave to Gidget and Lucy Lou<br />Gidget, CGC, JH, SH&nbsp; &nbsp; Lucy, CGC, JH, SH<br />

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Great photos and congratulations!!!!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a fun time - congrats on the JH title!!
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

Tundra Aries Guest

Congratulations!! Great pictures!!