Got 1st & 2nd JH legs this weekend! (Our first hunt test)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got 1st & 2nd JH legs this weekend! (Our first hunt test)

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

DefaultGot 1st & 2nd JH legs this weekend! (Our first hunt test)

Well, Bailey & DH did it - they completed our first hunt tests this weekend!
    We had such a great time - it was a blast watching as a spectator (for me) & meeting so many other nice people.
    We earned a pass both Saturday & Sunday. Sunday's second (water) run was much more difficult then Saturday's & ended up dropping out about half of the contenders but Bailey did it - had a little mis-hap, but recovered nicely from it.
    We are definetly hooked!!!

Here are some pictures:

DH & Bailey in blind before last run:

<br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Got 1st & 2nd JH legs this weekend! (Our first hunt test)

Congratulations!!!!!
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!!! Great photos, too.

prophet is offline Junior Member

CONGRATS on your passes 8) 8)
    Describe that water test on Sunday for us

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Whooo-hoooo!!! Congratulations on those ribbons and those qualifying legs!!! I would love to hear more about the tests (especially Sunday), too!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Thanks everyone! We're definetly hooked.

The tests:
    Saturday - first run (simulated pheasant hunt - in field with tall grass)
    - first mark was a flyer on left-had side of field (Bailey was dead on this one - excellent mark)
    - second mark was a dead one (sorry if I don't have the right terms, but they used some sort of sling-shot to shoot the bird up) on right-hand side of field
    Saturday - second run (water test - on small pond) (this pond was very small!!)
    - first mark was on the opposite side of the pond that they started from, right on land out of the water - dogs went through the water & out on land to get this one, since they are juniors no penelty for not going through the water either way
    - second mark was on the right side of the pond, this one was a ways off on land, dogs had to go through quite a few cat-tails to get to it
    Sunday - first run (simulated pheasant hunt - in field with tall grass - different field then day 1)
    - first mark was a flyer again on right-hand side of field, a bit longer of a mark then day 1 too
    - second mark was a dead one on left-hand side of the field, by far the longest mark on land
    Sunday - second run (water test - on 2 large ponds)
    - first mark was on closest edge of the small of the 2 ponds, in the weeds
    - second mark (this is the one that dropped quite a few out) was on a large pond with a very small island in the middle, the bird was shot/thrown on the opposite edge of the pond, in the water - all dogs that ran made it to the middle island, but that's where some got tripped up - they either lost their mark or headed for the decoys or were lost & headed back already

Bailey did pretty well on this one - she swam to the island, got out onto land & crossed over the island, we couldn't see her for a bit so thought she got back into the water - well, she hadn't. She came back up on the island and sat, almost looking for a cast from my DH, so quickley looked back to the bird in the water & then decided to turn around & go on her own. She swam directly to the bird & returned it on the same route. Had us crossing our fingers for a minute there on the island.....

Sorry so long, but here's the test details for those who are interested.....
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Just a thought for what it is worth: you can pick up a cheap laser rangefinder at Bass Pro, and it is really helpful to give you exact distances to marks or blinds for your training notes. Also, if you get rangefinding binocs, they will let you really look at the "alley" when you start running blinds. You will find there is often something "tricky" and obscured right at the end of a finished/master blind like some sheetwater, a big dip you did not notice, etc. This can give your dog an advantage if you have to run early and are already aware of the "hidden factors" and can plan your run in advance.

Congratulations and good luck!
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

imported_2Labpups is offline Senior Member

WOO HOO!!! I was thinking about you and your post a couple of weeks ago about you and your dh being nervous! Congratulations!
    Donna, slave to Gidget and Lucy Lou<br />Gidget, CGC, JH, SH&nbsp; &nbsp; Lucy, CGC, JH, SH<br />

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast