UKC Hunt Test 5/25

Thread: UKC Hunt Test 5/25

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultUKC Hunt Test 5/25

Took the boys to another UKC Hunt test yesterday and we had a decent day. Rider passed, which puts him at 3 passes. He was awesome. Spot on for all of his marks. I was really proud of him. Rookie fresh off a pass last weekend decided to test my blood pressure a bit and ended up goofing on the first bird.

On our first time up at the line with Rookie, I called and in the process my duck call fell apart :whatever: Then the bird boy's call was not very loud and at the same time a bunch of geese flew over so Rook never saw the mark. We got a no bird and got back in line. On our second attempt, Rook saw it, flew right to it, but decided to leave it there and run into the woods. I called him back and resent him and he went right back to it and put his head down like he was going to pick it up but then he decided to go right back into the woods. I called him back and was going to resend him, but I could tell that he was going to be squirrely. So, so we took the second mark and went to the car.

In UKC you can finish the test even if you fail, and I was bummed with Rook. He knew where it was and I can't figure for the life of me why he didn't want to pick up that bird. He picked up the other three with no problem. *sigh*

Hopefully we'll get his second pass and Rider's title next Saturday.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: UKC Hunt Test 5/25

Congrats to Rider, and I'm sure Rookie will make up for all the mishaps next time.

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Congrats Dani!

I'll be there to root you on next weekend. I have Kodi and Hoss entered in started, even though they have the title. I am working on my line manners , handling the gun safely (while an avid hunter, I never have a gallery of people and judges looking at me while hunting!) and making sure they are steady at the line. My co-own Red will hopefully get his fourth leg, but he pulls the same stuff Rookie did. I am force fetching him now, but I am not sure there will be enough carry over for the test. The owner will not follow the training advice/directions I give him as homework, so it is kinda like beating my head against the wall.
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on Rider's pass. I can see Bo doing what Rookie did ........ his attention span is in nanoseconds!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on your pass! Was it a started test?
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Dani is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast
    Congratulations on your pass! Was it a started test?
    Yup. Started.

Thanks everyone. I am having fun as are the boys...even when they become bone heads!
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

tkpaul is offline Senior Member

Congrats!!!

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Congrats!

(Sounds like a re-run that happened at our AKC hunt test this past weekend - calls weren't loud enough & a car went by (we were close to the road on the first run) at the same time, they ended up giving them another try I believe on it.)
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey24
    Congrats!

(Sounds like a re-run that happened at our AKC hunt test this past weekend - calls weren't loud enough & a car went by (we were close to the road on the first run) at the same time, they ended up giving them another try I believe on it.)
    Nothing like having a road going through your test...., the Finished test we ran last weekend was started/stopped constantly so pro's could move trucks through getting to and from other stakes. Getting good grounds is becoming a problem for every club it seems.
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on Rider's pass, Dani!!!

Don't worry- Rook will get there, too! Gotta love these young boys, eh?

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon