Scallop on TT

Thread: Scallop on TT

tkpaul is offline Senior Member

DefaultScallop on TT

We started the second "T" this morning on TT. Back pile is about 90 to 100 yds. First "T" is about 40 yds from the line and back "T" is about 80yds from the line. This morning he has started to scallop to the left. Maybe about 3-5 yards off line to back pile. But not everytime. Sometimes he holds the line great. Is this something to worry about now or is this something to fix when we get to pattern blinds? Is this something that will work itself out? If I need to fix, let me know.

Gonna go a week or so with full TT and as long as there's no major problems, move to swim by.

Am following Graham, Lardy, and Farmer/Aycock (which I know all follow Carr.) Sticking to program where there are similarities, letting dog tell me where he needs to go where there are differences.

I did a search in past posts but couldn't finds anything that dealt with this. Sorry if its a repeat.

Thanks in advance,
    Tommy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Scallop on TT

I wouldn't worry about it at this stage. As long as he is going where you send him I would let it be.

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a hot spot where he has been nicked. Have you tried moving up to see if its confusion?
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tkpaul is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast
    Sounds like a hot spot where he has been nicked. Have you tried moving up to see if its confusion?
    Very few nicks. Until I'm confident he knows what's going on, I'm mostly going on attrition. This a.m., only handled off side piles two times. Really was a very good morning. A couple of nicks on slow "sits." No cast refusals and No wrong directions. Haven't used much pressure all the way through. He does good except a little "banana to the left" every so often.

P.S. Are you "Gulfcoast" from The Refuge Gundog forum? I've double posted to increase input.

imported_queenofthedogs is offline Senior Member

bear in mind that dogs, like people, are usually right-or left-''handed''.
    this may eventually be used to your advantage in a test or hunt situation, as you can [mostly!] depend on your dog to turn more strongly, or run more strongly, to his naturally-preferred side. it also can happen that the 'preferred 'side is somewhat stronger [like your preferred hand] and that causes him to push off more to one side than aother.
    BTW, i congratulate you on not making a big hairy deal out of it, especially at this stage!

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Yep. I have a trademark on the name everywhere but the RTF.
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg