Some photos from the LRCSC Training Day this past Saturday (What fun!!!)...

Thread: Some photos from the LRCSC Training Day this past Saturday (What fun!!!)...

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultSome photos from the LRCSC Training Day this past Saturday (What fun!!!)...

We had so much fun...This was only our 2nd time out and Monty is doing great learning all about this (me, too, I hope!). There are a few things we obviously need to work on, and it does get difficult to hold a VERY enthusiastic dog who weighs only a bit less than I do.

Anyhow, here are some photos from Saturday...Thanks, Donna, for taking such great shots!!!

Yes, I am soaked from the thigh down and Monty has pond scum (and dust) all over him. I was picking green clumps off of his face and out of his ears. And, we ended up picking 5 foxtails out of his feet, already working on getting embedded. 1 additional one was found the next morning, and I'm probably going to do another thorough check tonight when I get home. Nasty things, those foxtails!

At one line:

Going in for a bumper (progression...are they supposed to launch themselves like that? I can't imagine that you'd have very many ducks left in the pond after a big splash of a water entry...):

*JUST* at the point of nabbing the bumper- looks like a shark attack, LOL:

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Some photos from the LRCSC Training Day this past Saturday (What fun!!!)...

Great photos Julie! Way to go Monty!
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Some photos from the LRCSC Training Day this past Saturday (What fun!!!)...

Great photos!

are they supposed to launch themselves like that?
    It seems that some of them do it and some of them don't.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_2Labpups is offline Senior Member

are they supposed to launch themselves like that?
    He's looking for style points!

You are very welcome on the pictures. It was fun to watch everyone.
    Donna, slave to Gidget and Lucy Lou<br />Gidget, CGC, JH, SH&nbsp; &nbsp; Lucy, CGC, JH, SH<br />

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

WTG - love the pics!!
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Nice photos!

What are "foxtails?" What I call a foxtail is not prickly like what y'all are describing?
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast
    What are "foxtails?" What I call a foxtail is not prickly like what y'all are describing?
    "Foxtails" refer to a particular type of grass, which, when the heads go to seed, produce these awns (seeds) that are very sharp on one side with barbs that allow the grass awn to pierce and migrate into/through the skin, not allowing it to back out (similar to the barbs on a porcupine quill). They carry with them whatever bacteria, fungus, etc. is around and can cause at *least* serious infection if not much, much worse things. Because they migrate, they can get into the chest/lungs, abdominal cavity, or even migrate up into the brain if a dog gets one up his/her nose. They're terrible, and probably a much worse risk around here than the rattlesnakes we also have. :death:

For more information, see:
    http://www.csupomona.edu/~jcclark/dogs/foxtails.html
    http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art29569.asp
    http://sandiegodog.wordpress.com/200...tails-to-dogs/

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon