Fuji's Mother's Day

Thread: Fuji's Mother's Day

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

DefaultFuji's Mother's Day

Our day started at 5am, up w/ the sun, on the road to W. WA shortly after 6am. We arrived in Carnation at 830am, just in time (this time) to watch the test dog run the land scenario. It was a good, though "meaty enough" test w/ plenty of cover on land and lots and lots of residual scent polluting the area from Saturday's senior test which created a bit of a hunt for even the best of marking dogs. The water marks were long but nice.

3 of the 7 littermates out of Fuji's litter (18 mos old) were entered, and by some unknown reason, we ended up running in the same stake--- so we all ran our land series in the morning and the water in the afternoon together so could cheer one another on. Anyhow, ALL 3 pups passed!!!! yahooo!!!!!

This was Tarr's first qualification, Sonya's 2nd (she ran and Q'd last week too), and Rion's 3rd. Rion will be dual entered in Juniors and Seniors next month as her owner is far more diligent w/ hunt test training than I am... 8)

Anyhow, I had decided the night before that I'd take Fuji along for the ride since it WAS Mother's Day, and she sure enjoyed herself.... mostly just schmoozing w/ the gallery! Hopefully some photos will turn out as there were 2 photographers there. This week is back to agility w/ Mata and Jazz with a trial on Saturday.... then have to decide on a Mem Day weekend JH test but since the following week are our local dog shows/obed trials, I'm thinking we need a weekend off!

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Fuji's Mother's Day

Wow, sounds like a busy schedule! Congrats on all the accomplishments.

imported_2Labpups is offline Senior Member

What a great time. That's impressive that 3 of the litter mates are continuing with the hunt tests. I hope you post the pictures here when yo get them!
    Donna, slave to Gidget and Lucy Lou<br />Gidget, CGC, JH, SH&nbsp; &nbsp; Lucy, CGC, JH, SH<br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2Labpups
    What a great time. That's impressive that 3 of the litter mates are continuing with the hunt tests. I hope you post the pictures here when yo get them!
    What's fun w/ that litter is that 5 of the 7 are working toward titles or service jobs. I co-own a boy who is showing and will do agility, and there's another that is training for his Delta pet partner w/ his owner who will use him in her counseling business in an official capacity. Another has already been to a pro for hunting training, and is serving her owner well there. There's only one I haven't heard from and wouldn't you know that pup was one of the top conformation picks and is local.... always seems to work that way that I hear far more from the ones who live longer distance!

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014