Our First Senior Test Results

Thread: Our First Senior Test Results

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

SmileOur First Senior Test Results

Well we ran in our first senior today and Amber did great. We had a pretty easy land series and blind then had a water blind first with the gun stations out, the blind was a passing point water with the wind from the live bird station blowing across the line. It was a pretty tough blind that had alot of dogs getting out on the point and getting into real trouble. If you could keep your dog in the water past the point you had a good chance of getting the blind. Alot of handlers were waiting till after there dog turned torward the point before they blew the whistle I blew the whistle as soon as my dog even looked that way and gave an opposite hand back cast as a way of telling her No! 2 0r 3 of those had her convinced that I did not want her on that point..lol. If you got thru the blind then the marks were pretty easy but the honor was tough because the marks were so close and in your face.
    I hope I can do as well tomorrow in Senior again.

Kelly and Amber
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

On Sunday she Q'd in senior too but just barely, we had an ugly memory bird on the land. I didn't line her up for it well and ended sending her back toward the first mark then had to handle her over on it and it was pretty ugly handling. They let me run the blind after that (a water blind) and we did a really good job on that so they asked me back fot the water marks and land blind where we did well. It was a very good weekend. Now we just need two more and I see what we need to train on..

Kelly and Amber
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    Chino Ca

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Wow! Nice job!!! Now you know what YOU need training on too, lol! (Took me a while to mark the falls well too!). Congrats! I guess your marshalling assignments went well too -- I think I remember you asking about that? Anne

Yes I marshalled senior on Saturday and it went well. I didn't need anyone else and I even ran myself in order..lol. Sunday I was just running a popper gun station and planting a blind on the first series and planting a blind and doing a diversion shot on the second series. Oh and on Friday I built a 50 foot long foot bridge to get over one of the ponds because I know they always run one of the series there and you have to go a long way to get around.

Kelly and Amber

Kelly
    Chino Ca

BucksMom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!

georgie is offline Senior Member

Congratulations.