Entered Senior for the first time

Thread: Entered Senior for the first time

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

DefaultEntered Senior for the first time

I entered Amber in Senior for the first time. This is going to be an Akc test in mid June in Southern California and I am wondering about the weather conditions, in June we can have temps ranging from 60-s to over 100. I am going to be the Marshall for Senior so I won't have much time to spend with Amber and if I don't have an assistant mashall might end up running her either 1st or last just so I can marshall. I am currious how she will do in a test and how they will judge things like blinds. No Matter what it should be fun..

Kelly and Amber
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

You will need an assistant on land if nothing else! That's ridiculous if they aren't providing 2. Marshals do more than just check folks in and put them in the holding blind. And w/ SH, you are likely going to have to make a bunch of accomodations to the pros running at MH.

On blinds, just suffice to say that handling generally needs to be pretty clean. I'd prepare for crossing pieces of land and shoreline blinds on water. Varying terrain on land that may suck them over...

For a bit there, bulldogs were popular here, so practice someone shooting/throwing a bird as she's coming in w/ her memory bird. She can't drop it and switch so figure out how to deal w/ it. A whistle sit sometimes helps, followed by a come in whistle. Have fun! Anne

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Good luck and have fun!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

You will have a blast!

Here is what I saw a lot running and marshaling Senior this year:

1) Down the shore water blinds;
    2) Land blinds tight to and deep of the flyer station; and
    3) Out of order walk up flyers (breaking birds).

Spend a little time on these and you will be in better shape that most Am's.

Good luck and have a great time!

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

I got the workers schedule for next weekends hunt test and I am the only Marshall for Senior. There is only 24 dogs entered and I know alot of them and I know most of the Pro's running dogs in Senior so I should be OK, plus I have phone numbers and radio channels for the other marshalls.

Kelly and Amber
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca