Chair Person Notes

Thread: Chair Person Notes

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

DefaultChair Person Notes

OK I made it thru my first hunt test as a chairman. I was in charge of getting birds,workers,gunners,judges confirmations,equipment,batteries for the radios, lunches, tailgate party,Marshalls,Ammo, Popper shells and guns,Marking the fields,etc.
    Remarkably everything went pretty well, no one got hurt (Except 115 ducks), the stakes all finished way before dark,people and dogs got ribbons, and we had one duck return to the wild..lol. I am glad there will be a new chairman for the next test. I was lucky as this was a very small test only 69 total entries.
    I also learned alot about running a test and the two hardest things are keeping track of equipment and dividing up the dead ducks at the end.
    The most important thing I learned is good workers are priceless.
    Thank You everyone that worked the Inland Valley Retriever Clubs Spring Hunt Test!!

Kelly Greenwood
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

AKC or HRC?

Congratulations on surviving your first one. Funny, we NEVER have a problem getting rid of ducks at the end of a hunt test....

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

It was an AKC test. We are actually working on forming an HRC club here in Southern California so we can actually hold an HRC test. I have never been to one or seen one before so I am clueless what to expect, but they do sound like more fun..lol

Kelly
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

They are MUCH more fun! Bring in a crew of judges from the deep South, and it will be like a summer rock festival!