My boy won't hold bumper when I tell him to

Thread: My boy won't hold bumper when I tell him to

Lorrlabs is offline Junior Member

DefaultMy boy won't hold bumper when I tell him to

My two year old boy has been force fetched and is very consistent on the table, however when he is on all fours and I tell him to fetch and hold, he just refuses to do it. He either won't pick it up and I have to physically put it in his mouth or he'll pick it up but it's a very loose hold and he'll just drop it as soon as I tell him to either come or heel. If he is on a very short leash (6-8 inches) he will fetch, hold and actually walk around with it. Is he just giving me the finger?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

It sounds to me like you've not finished the FF process. The next step after the table is yard work in most programs. I'd go back to making him Reach out, up and down for the objects w/ pressure. Then go to the ground.
    What program are you following? I personally like Evan Graham's, as it's laid out in a way I can relate to.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Lorrlabs is offline Junior Member

I use the Mike Lardy Total Retriever Training but I agree with you that I need to transfer the table skills to the ground. It's been a long time since I did this and I guess I remember it as being easier but I was younger then....lol