How would you find someone to finish up a dog and hopefully put a title on

Thread: How would you find someone to finish up a dog and hopefully put a title on

sclabmom is offline Member

DefaultHow would you find someone to finish up a dog and hopefully put a title on

I have a question. Our lab went into some training classes in Alaska for hunt and field events. He did really well but we moved before we finished. I would love to find someone that could finish his training so that maybe he could earn a title. How does someone go about doing this? I haven't had any luck finding a club in my area, I'm in Columbia,SC. I really think he has it in him to be great,and I had someone ask to show him in conformation when in Alaska but we were moving and so I never followed through.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

It would be great if you could find a lab club near you. That is how we got started in running hunt tests. But we are not close to training grounds so no matter where we go, it's at least an hour to get there. But it is so well worth it. We run NAHRA & AKC. I am not sure if there are a lot of NAHRA tests in your area. But you could look on the AKC site & see if there are any AKC hunt tests in your area. If you go to some, you may meet folks who can direct you to clubs or training groups in your area. Good luck. It is so much fun.

Eromit is offline Junior Member

Do a google search for Blackfoot Kennels in SC. My friend Danielle owns it- she trains retrievers (she is a wonderful trainer! and also a very nice person) and also could suggest a club nearby I'm sure! I think your area is pretty decent for having a regular number of tests and events. Good luck!
    __________________________________________________ _____________

~Erin & the Eromit Labs

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

fan of fanboys is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sclabmom View Post
    I have a question. Our lab went into some training classes in Alaska for hunt and field events. He did really well but we moved before we finished. I would love to find someone that could finish his training so that maybe he could earn a title. How does someone go about doing this? I haven't had any luck finding a club in my area, I'm in Columbia,SC. I really think he has it in him to be great,and I had someone ask to show him in conformation when in Alaska but we were moving and so I never followed through.

Have you found a place yet? I am also in Columbia, SC. My lab goes to canvasback in Camden. They have had great success and have been around a long time. My dog is currently staying with them for his first training and I go out at least every Sat to take part in the training.

Regards to Eromit and blackfoot: i have heard good things about them but no experience myself. But they have a good rep.

Post what you choose. And we should get our dogs together one day.

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

I have run tests with Danielle Pellici of Blackfoot. Her dogs are always happy and well prepared. Go to Welcome to Hunting Retriever Club, Inc. and seach for clubs by region. You are at ground zero for hunt test clubs, and there are lots of good pros in that area. Find your closest local club and join, and ask those folks about local pros. Enjoy the journey!
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg