Atta boy Hoss!!

Thread: Atta boy Hoss!!

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultAtta boy Hoss!!

Well, Hoss and I went to a fun hunt yesterday and I entered him in Seasoned level. This club is hosting a regular hunt next month and I wanted to see if Hoss had a prayer of passing. Well, I was impressed! The tests were fairly difficult and Hoss would have passed (I have to work on a few things). The land was a double, with the blind planted only about 20* to the right of the go-bird. All dogs got sucked toward where the go-bird had fallen, but Hoss handled out of it and found his bird!!

Now, I just have to remember to let the memory bird fall COMPLETELY before turning toward where the go bird is going to come from....guilty....guilty...guilty. More than once, Hoss has had to search too much because I drawn him off the memory bird too soon. Have narrow the search on the blinds too...I tend to let him get a bit wide....just on the outside of the "finger V" rule of thumb. He always gets it, but, well, don't want to make the judge think eh?

Hoss had excellent line manners, the walk-up was a piece of cake (exact heel position, sat on shot), and while the diversion drew his attention, a "COME" got him right back on track. I did command COME a little loud, but I am so hard of hearing that I often have a louder voice than what I intend.

If Hoss can pass both tests, he'll earn his HR title!! Dang, I wish I had the time and finances (and experience, but Hoss and Kodi are teaching me a lot), to excel in hunt and obedience. With a bit of luck though Hoss will earn his ASCA CD and CDX, UD, UUD, and HR titles this year! (rubbing that rabbits foot, looking for four leaf clovers, and wishing the hear and deer flies were not quite so nasty so I could get out and train more).

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Good job Hoss!
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

georgie is offline Senior Member

Way to go, Hoss. Good luck at the test, Karen.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Good job Hoss and Karen! Best of luck next month!

(If you time it right, you should be able to get a "2 Mississippi" count in before you swing from the memory bird to the go bird, and lock in that memory).
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast View Post
    (If you time it right, you should be able to get a "2 Mississippi" count in before you swing from the memory bird to the go bird, and lock in that memory).
    Thanks, I'll try to remember to do that! (nad handle the gun safely, and that I need to shuck a popper in for the diversion, and not fall on my ass......

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)