Miles held his duck!

Thread: Miles held his duck!

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultMiles held his duck!

I just have to share!

Miles sat and held his duck for 5 seconds till I took it (he did not drop it) this morning. Boy did we have a party after that.

I decided to just start using it frozen so it might seem a little less gamey and then made out like that duck is the greatest thing in the world. Yesterday morning I got him to put is mouth on it. Last night he put his mouth around it and that was a far as we got. Today, he held it and the third time sat with it. At 5 secs. I figured I better take it and quit with a success. It is such a little thing, but I am so excited I just had to share with people who won't think I am nuts. My co-workers are unimpressed by this. LOL!

Will build from here, and then move to partially thawed to thawed. I think he'll "get it".

I've spent the last 5 years yelling "leave it!" when he approached or picked up dead animals, now I want him to hold one and bring it to me. Yes, we humans can be confusing to dogs.

Thanks for listening to this newbie in the hunt test world!!

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Go Miles!!! I would stay with frozen until he will hold it and heel with you around the house holding it. Then go to semi-frozen (floppy but firm middle) and then fresh killed, and then "thawed disgusting." Don't skip "fresh shot." That is the "time honored" progression. Be sure he always holds it in the middle of the body, and not by the head, foot or wing (you don't want any bad habits if you are not going to FF him, where those issues get resolved). You obviously know to do the praise marker (Good Dog!) and treat so he gets the temporal connection. Keep eating the elephant in little bites and way to go!
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Milesmom is offline Senior Member

Okay thanks! I am such a geek, being so excited about this.

Ann & Miles
    MACH ARCHEX "Miles" (DOB 3/10/2006) UD RAE MXS MJS OF CW-OB3 CW-ARF CW-AR CW-ZR2 CL-1 (DOB 3/10/2006)
    "Hartley" (DOB 7/21/2012) RN CGC CW-OB1

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Your not a geek. Your having fun spending time with your dog, learning new stuff. That is always exciting! Wait until the first time he bangs a water mark with 8 or 9 reentries..... then you will REALLY be excited
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

Way To Go Miles!
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

georgie is offline Senior Member

Way to go, Miles!

lcspt is offline Senior Member

How exciting!!! Congrats on the little successes ........... they lead to the big ones!!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo