Youngster's first JH ribbons

Thread: Youngster's first JH ribbons

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

DefaultYoungster's first JH ribbons

The same 2 youngsters who did so well in obedience and rally 2 weekends ago got to play the hunt test game this past weekend... and they did GREAT! Both earned their first of 4 Q's needed for JH title. We have another test in 2 wks. Hopefully Kiku can stay out of season.

Kiku was a bit vocal on her first 2 marks especially, but the judges were kind regarding that aspect. I hope it'll improve w/ more experience. It was Kiku's first live shot duck, though not her first live flyer. Still flopping in the water--- about as exciting as it gets for a lab imo! Both had quite decent obedience, so for that I was happy-- delivery to hand seemed to be the major problem for those who failed the test.

Marks were short (scary short to me since I have longer running dogs though we've been practicing short marks, even inward thrown marks thankfully), but it was so hot, I think the judges and committee were far more concerned w/ dogs overheating.

Anne

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Congratulations -- it sounds like you prepared them very well.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

georgie is offline Senior Member

Congraulations. I do think when it is so hot the judges have the dogs in mind when they set up the tests. This heat & humidity has been brutal. Sounds like they both did well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

congrats
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

Great job Anne and girls. Congratulations.

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Congratulations! Its great to see dogs that play multiple games. I hear you on the heat. I have a couple of judging assignments coming up, and I am scared to death to throw a big set of marks in this heat and humidity. Can y'all say "indents and breaking birds?"
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast View Post
    Congratulations! Its great to see dogs that play multiple games. I hear you on the heat. I have a couple of judging assignments coming up, and I am scared to death to throw a big set of marks in this heat and humidity. Can y'all say "indents and breaking birds?"
    Or set it up as these folks did-- a land and water together so the dogs were getting wet each time.

I was really worried about Envy as she likes to "stretch her legs" so to speak.... but they set up marks that had good back drops, making it fairly obvious that the marks were short.

We were at 95F or so over there, which I believe was a record breaker for W. WA. It actually felt hotter there than here in the desert because of the humidity. Not for the "wuss", for sure. I had a headache after marshalling in the full sun and I'm used to it more than most. The stake chair was even passing out the neck cooler things, which sure were nice!

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

If I have the grounds to do it, I would have a water mark in every series. I always want to have a "baby swimming pool" near the line with lots of ice and a blower fan this time of year in case a dog gets in trouble.
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast View Post
    I always want to have a "baby swimming pool" near the line with lots of ice and a blower fan this time of year in case a dog gets in trouble.
    We needed those on Sunday.... it really was hot. Since several in my circle have had heat stroke scares w/ their dogs, it's a real concern.