Photos of Molly
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photos of Molly

sandgrubber is offline Member

DefaultPhotos of Molly

I'd be interested to know what people think of this girl. Australian, English, Finnish and NZ lines. She's one year old. Sorry I couldn't get a stacked true profile . . . her topline and tailset are better than they look here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Photos of Molly

Without a better side stacked shot, I can't really comment.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

FROM THE PICTURE, she has good type. She is fairly straight fore and aft but there is enough and she is balanced so that shouldn't hold her back too much as she likely has good movement. Seems long cast from the pics, but overall, I like her very much. Good eye colour, good feet it looks like, good coat and coat colour. She reminds me of my Chili.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

I think she's very cute, but would definitely like a stacked shot that was more from the side with the camera right at the level of her body. Nice girl! 8)

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Thanks, guys. Molly is too long coupled but I think that's her worst fault . . .

I'll try to get someone to give me a hand with getting a good stacked shot.

I have never had a Lab with worry wrinkles on the forehead before and I was worried that that might put people off . . . I think it's cute, but not "benevolent" as specified in the breed standard. But that's entirely subjective, and I tend to be too hard on my dogs (maybe looking for excuses not to show . . . I don't enjoy showing).

Chocolates are rare and much sought after in Western Australia and I've been having a hard time getting a line established. I don't think a single chocolate has been titled in this state. We're around 3000 miles from the Eastern States, where there are quite a few breeders with chocolate lines. So it's all AI and all outcrossing. With mish mash pedigrees (lots of distinguished Labs, but no coherence), one fault appears when another gets fixed (Molly represents correction of a severe eye colour fault and improvement of top line / tail set). People tell me that long coupling is not dominant and pretty easy to breed out. Molly has near perfect hips and elbows, moves well, has great temperament and is PRA clear. Her coat is harsh with thick undercoat. So I guess she's one more step toward getting a good line going.

imported_Iamalabrador is offline Junior Member

I personally would rather have a long coupled dog or bitch with good angles. The length of back if not too long is not a huge concern for me on a bitch especially. On a dog a bit more of a worry as they are usually the fellows I want to shorten up a girl.

From this photo--I don't think she has good rear angle. Her rear legs just standing on her own are touching too. Maybe not enough beef in the rear? She looks flat in the knee to the hock. Just not enough there as far as angles.

Jan46 is offline Junior Member

Hi, thought you might like to see a half sister to Mollys father. Well hopefully if I can add a photo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Iamalabrador

From this photo--I don't think she has good rear angle. Her rear legs just standing on her own are touching too. Maybe not enough beef in the rear? She looks flat in the knee to the hock. Just not enough there as far as angles.
    Thanks for the comments.
    If I "copy" her angle from knee to hock using thumb and first finger and move to a protractor, I get close to 110 degrees. In her preferred stance, her front and rear legs are too close together; that is, her preferred hip angle is around 90 degrees. Her bloodlines generally have good bums -- lots of second thigh, more of a u than a v angle between the legs-- and she's starting to muscle up but is still a bit flatter in that department than I'd like.

What is "touching too"? Is that to say that the hind feet are too close to one another?

Ok ok I need to get someone help me get a few good stacked photos.

For those interested, Molly's 4.5 generation pedigree is at
    http://dogzandcatz.com.au/Labs/Molly.html

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

She looks like a decent bitch, but a few things stand out to me. She looks slabsided, and narrow. She looks straight both front and rear, lacks turn of stifle entirely it would seem from this picture.

I like her head but her eyes look light to my novice chocolate eye, she looks to have decent coat, but I don't like the feathering on the tail.

Her head is very nice and she has nice chiesling. Her eye spacing also is very nice. She has a level plane and I like her mouth which is not flewy( excess jawel).
    She apears to have a clean reach of neck.
    She is long bodied but that's ok,
    How old is this bitch?
    D &amp; T Branch<br />Harrow Ont <br />Bluesouth Labradors Reg&#39;d<br />blues[email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast