Stacking Puppies

Thread: Stacking Puppies

Labbies is offline Junior Member

DefaultStacking Puppies

I am new to the world of showing and I was currious how you go about getting young puppies to stack for a photo and what is the earliest that you are able to get them to do it. I've just seen photos of some very young puppies and I was just wondering.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

krisinme is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Stacking Puppies

Just two words...
    Cream Cheese

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

And having a digital camera where you can take 50 shots of one puppy helps too...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Labbies
    I am new to the world of showing and I was currious how you go about getting young puppies to stack for a photo and what is the earliest that you are able to get them to do it. I've just seen photos of some very young puppies and I was just wondering.
    We start around three weeks of age, once they are on their feet a tad. We like to use yogurt to tease them and walk them into a self stack. Once they do this the yogurt is in front of their noses for a few seconds and then click with the camera. Once they have doen this for awhile, and they are 5 weeks old, we start to hand stack their feet for placement if they are not already in that position. then click many pictures to get the best one.We continue to do this while they are growing and on a table top at the edge with their front feet. they learn quickly that any good behaviour is reinforced with something positive like a treat or yougurt or the cream cheese.It does take time and patience to get that right picture.
    Here are some pictures of puppies between 3-5 weeks old being stacked. it sometimes is not easy.

D &amp; T Branch<br />Harrow Ont <br />Bluesouth Labradors Reg&#39;d<br />[email protected]

I totally agree with BlueSouth.. it is a little trying and using a mirror in front of you as well (so you can see the puppy stacked up) is a great tool as well when just learning. Also if you purchase the DVD "The Puppy Puzzle" by Pat Hastings you will learn a ton about not only stacking your litters but what to look for as well. Good Luck and if you need another set of eye's I let me know.. .
    Carroll Family Labradors home of:<br />UKC CH Ma &amp; Pa&#39;s Christmas Coal at Carrolls,CGC &quot;Coal&quot;<br />U-CH Pointed- Ma &amp; Pa&#39;s Life of Riley, CGC &quot;Riley&quot;<br />U-CH Pointed- Beulah Land Daddy&#39;s Little Girl &quot;Regenea&quot;<br />U-CH Pointed- Ma &amp; Pa&#39;s Southrn Gentleman&quot;Wyatt

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

I so have puppy fever right now...LOVE those little black babies!!!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

sarah is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    I so have puppy fever right now...LOVE those little black babies!!!
    ditto - they're adorable!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia