You know you've finally "hit it big"...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know you've finally "hit it big"...

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultYou know you've finally "hit it big"...

When there is an entire thread started by an anonymous poster devoted to controversy of one of your smaller wins over on the Wiscoy forum. Never thought that would happen with my first show dog. LOL

I'm actually pretty darned honored...but the sheer support for Monty (and for me) has actually brought tears to my eyes. :embarrass:

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: You know you've finally "hit it big"...

They are just jealous, Julie. Don't let it take anything away from your and Monty's win.

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

I saw that Julie. Some people are just green through and through. LOL Damn! I've been showing for 20 years and I STILL haven't been the subject of such jealousy. Congratulations. They know who you are now. LOLOL :gum:

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Thanks, Tatyana. I appreciate it...and while I don't understand why people feel the need to do this (especially 7 months after the "win" occurred), I am having a great time reading all of the responses. :embarrass: I can't say that I've ever met someone who was "like" that OP in person (who knows what they all do behind-the-scenes), but I just love the lab crowd, and love how everyone stands up for the newbie who was so lucky to get such a great dog to show.

Quote Originally Posted by ruff n tumble crew
    I saw that Julie. Some people are just green through and through. LOL Damn! I've been showing for 20 years and I STILL haven't been the subject of such jealousy. Congratulations. They know who you are now. LOLOL :gum:
    LOL- that's exactly why I'm so honored. And every single post so far has been incredibly complimentary about my boy and his wins. As I stated to some friends earlier tonight:

I honestly kind of find the initial post a little funny, but really am actually pretty darned honored that Monty was brought up on the Wiscoy forum. Newbie owner, new dog...I mean, come on. LOL I'm too new to have a big head about any of this (I just consider myself very, very blessed...and didn't even breed the dog! I just own him and love him to death), but if he has gotten 3 majors (2 under breeder-judges at specialty shows) along with a Potomac placement and 2 RWD's from specialty shows...and all before the age of 2 1/2 years of age, does the OP really think he *needed* that win under [that judge] to finish?
    I really appreciate all of the support, guys...thanks! I am sure I have had more hits on our website since this entire thing started than ever before. LOL

How sad that someone has to start something like this at all... especially about a new person in the hobby with her first show dog. Ah well. We have *arrived* eh?

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

prophet is offline Junior Member

Just think what will happen when you start adding the field titles to your CH :-*

Tundra Aries Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana
    They are just jealous, Julie. Don't let it take anything away from your and Monty's win.
    Ditto!

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

No publicity is bad publicity, right? I bet Mr. Monty will get some stud inquiries in the near future from those looking at your website.

imported_CHOCO4ME is offline Senior Member

I saw the whole thing too. Your reply was perfect, very classy. As everyone else has said. They are just dang jealous. It is nice to see that you love your boy, enjoy your hobby/sport, have gained respect of many friends and to top it off, you have been successfull at it! Good For You. Now worries, they will go crawl back under their rock soon.

I actually got a mean message about one of my dogs Breeders from a very surprising source. Never cease to amaze me.

You should be proud of yourself and Monty, you can see many others are! Kiss that boy for me!
    Jake, Blue and Ginger<br />

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

LOL Do you know how far into that post I was before I realized they were talking about Monty? Yeah, I'm rather slow at times.

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

Julie your response was great!! I feel kind of sad some one had to take it there with that kind of thread but you handled it well. But reading your reply made me grin.
    Obviously a person carrying around some grudges. Sad. Very sad. That sort of thing will chew away and eat them up until there is nothing left. Rightfully so.

Kim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast