Silly grooming question...

Thread: Silly grooming question...

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultSilly grooming question...

Breeds that are to be shown "natural", as in no trimming- that doesn't include the hair that grows between their pads does it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Silly grooming question...

Quote Originally Posted by MicksMom
    Breeds that are to be shown "natural", as in no trimming- that doesn't include the hair that grows between their pads does it?
    I think it probably depends on the situation. One time I did that, it was for an indoor show where the floor was slick-slick-slick and my dog was having traction problems which disappeared with a little foot-hair trim to get the hairs out from around his pads. Just be careful about how much and where you do any trimming, because I've seen more than one dog start to lick their feet afterward, probably from the stubble poking into their skin.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Silly grooming question...

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    Quote Originally Posted by MicksMom
    I think it probably depends on the situation. One time I did that, it was for an indoor show where the floor was slick-slick-slick and my dog was having traction problems which disappeared with a little foot-hair trim to get the hairs out from around his pads. Just be careful about how much and where you do any trimming, because I've seen more than one dog start to lick their feet afterward, probably from the stubble poking into their skin.
    Thanks for the response. It was more of a curiousity question- no breed ring for Caleb. I keep the hair between the pads trimmed anyway for a couple of reasons- traction being one of them. Mymain reason, tho, is to prevent pebbles, ice, etc from getting tangled in the hair and causing sores.