Please Critique
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Critique

GClement is offline Junior Member

DefaultPlease Critique

Hay...I'm from Indonesia,

Would you like to give your opinion (negative & positif welcome) for my Labs "Milo"...

He's got already 2 cc and trying to get another last CC...

Thanks for your kind attention...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YellowLab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Please Critique

Love his head, looks like an awsome topline, but its a hard angle. Looks balanced to me with excellent tail set, but once again I cant be sure due to the angle. Nice length of neck, and well boned.
    Who is he out of? Also, how old is he, 8 months?

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

I wonder what is his age as well...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DostaffLabs is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the board!! I, too, love that head and tail set. He does apear young, I can't wait to see him mature. Looks like he has all the right things in the right place... Very balanced.
    ~Melissa~
    And the Dostaff Girls:
    Abby, Anna, Ava, Brandy, Cali, Holly, and Ruby (and Dixie, too)

GClement is offline Junior Member

Thanks mb05j, luvmydogz2much, dostafflabs...

Milo is not a young Lab, his already 26 months year old...His father come from Croftsway kennel...
    Last week he finish his cc (judged from Australia) and be a Indonesian Champion...
    This is not the end, I'm still trying to improve the quality of my next labs

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

On the good side, he has well let down at the hocks, good thigh and second thigh, short coupled, good topline, decent front and good reach of neck (although he appears ewe necked in the pic), good ear leather and eye colour.
    What I would like to improve is his head. He has a great deal of stop and this really harshens his expression. He appears to be almost knuckled over in his pasterns so I would like to see his feet (it is an indication that he may have cat feet). He could use more coat and I would like to see more bone and a bit more angulation as well...I'd like to see him more over his front.
    He looks balanced is overall is an honest dog and you will do well with him. Best of luck!!
    BTW, 26 months is a young dog. Many boys don't step into the ring until they are 2 to 4 years of age.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

DostaffLabs is offline Senior Member

Congrats on getting that CH on him!! Way to go...
    ~Melissa~
    And the Dostaff Girls:
    Abby, Anna, Ava, Brandy, Cali, Holly, and Ruby (and Dixie, too)

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

You have reason to be very proud imo. If you tire of him, drop me a line... 8)

As for coat, Fallriver, could you explain why he'd need more or is it just because that is what judges are putting up? A lab is a hunting dog and the last thing most hunters would want is 5 gals of water shaken off in the boat or blind after each retrieve. I (and my hunting families) also want a dog that can dry out within a couple hours tops. I've recently heard about some of the show lab coats that aren't dry even overnight and it has made me wonder if that isnt part of the reason why some lines seem to have so many more skin problems (hot spots, etc). If you've ever run a hunt test behind a show Golden in full coat, you'll know why it's the kiss of death too. :tired: :snore:

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

As for coat, Fallriver, could you explain why he'd need more or is it just because that is what judges are putting up?
    A proper double coat will repel water, not hold it. I think I smell another field vs. show debate and won't go there again, especially since my dogs are titled in both venues anyway.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

nwlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FallRiver
    A proper double coat will repel water, not hold it. I think I smell another field vs. show debate and won't go there again, especially since my dogs are titled in both venues anyway.
    Nicely said dana.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast