Show question

Thread: Show question

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

DefaultShow question

Your gonna laugh at this one im going to enter Alfie into village show this year nothing major just for fun but i have no idea what you have to do! In terms of in the ring...do you just walk round? How? and do you have to generally do things like sit, down? I think ill just enter him into Young males class but dont know wot it involves lol :gum:

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nwlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Show question

I am not sure where you live, but here in the States you will typically move your dog (along with the whole class)around the ring at a bit of a jog (not too fast). The judge will then check your dog's bite and examine him by putting his hands on him. The judge typically asks you to move your dog again and that ends your individual exam. The judge may ask the class to move as a group again and then make their placements.

Have FUN and good luck.

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nwlabs
    I am not sure where you live, but here in the States you will typically move your dog (along with the whole class)around the ring at a bit of a jog (not too fast). The judge will then check your dog's bite and examine him by putting his hands on him. The judge typically asks you to move your dog again and that ends your individual exam. The judge may ask the class to move as a group again and then make their placements.

Have FUN and good luck.
    Thank you!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YellowLab is offline Senior Member

You could check out the westminster kennel club website. They have video clips of past westminster shows you could watch and get an understanding of what you will be doing in the ring.