Thoughts on pictures?

Thread: Thoughts on pictures?

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultThoughts on pictures?

While I know Rookadilla will never step into a ring anymore due to his OCD surgery, I had some shots taken of him yesterday and I like all three (even the one with his head turned and in full elvis lip), but wanted to know what picture you like, if you could tell me what you thought over all. He's now almost 15 months old and so fun. Great temperament. I think he's high in the rear a maybe a little straight backed right now...he's in a weird growth phase. He's around 83 lbs.

Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_CHOCO4ME is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Thoughts on pictures?

I like Elvis lip and the third pic. I love his face in the first one and the third, he looks happy.
    Jake, Blue and Ginger<br />

meandclint is offline Senior Member

Dani I'm not sure if my opinion will bring a smile or a few tears. He is a nice dog. It's a shame that he was afflicted with OCD (the worst orthopedic condition in my opinion since it comes on so young and is so damaging).

He has a very pretty head and is balanced overall and has a lot of breed type. Nothing is out of place except that far rear leg which lacks true angulation due to the problematic hock. He has plenty of substance for a youngster and will be quite impressive at 3 years old in that department. Yes he could use a slightly better topline being a tad roachy over the croup and I personally like more coat, however he has an average coat for a yellow so I think he would have done well for himself in the ring.

Try, try again. You have room for one more right?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani,
    I like the last one and the head shot of the first one. Rookie is a very nice boy. He has a great front, reach of neck-and a beautiful head. He is at a good weight and is maturing nicely...Rookie is going to be a awesome adult. Reminds me very much of a male version of his Momma. He is a sweetheart, and sure can sing when he wants his birds....gets that from his Momma, too?

I know what a heartache and disappointment his OCD has been for you. I am glad to see you are going forward and doing other things with that wonderful boy!
    Patty<br /><br />

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

I think he looks great, Dani! I, too, think it is great that you're still taking him out there and training him for various performance activities as well.

From a novice standpoint, I don't know which of those pictures I prefer (they all have merit, I think). The only "faults" I can really find are lack of rear angulation in general (including through the stifle- though probably not if he were being shown in the UK), a slightly short upper arm, a slightly sloped croup (could be his age?), and he seems a bit out of coat. Knowing what kind of coats Travis seems to produce, even in yellows, I'd guess that maybe he is just blowing coat right now? I know our dogs sure are...terribly! He has wonderful length of neck, a nice head and expression, great forechest and appears to have great shoulder layback (tough to tell with just a photo, but he looks good!).

If I were basing the photos on structure alone, I would probably forgo the first one because of the angle...it makes him look very straight through the shoulders/upper arm, which it doesn't look like he is based on the other 2 photos.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I like the last photo. I can't begin to offer any opinion on him since I was pretty wrong in evaluating my pups!

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

Dani I think he looks great. He is a MALE Nicki!!
    I like that last photo a lot. Shows everything that is positive about him. I honestly cannot comment on the rear or angles because that photo is not a dead on side shot and I think that can create a world of difference.

Also cannot comment on the coat since I cannot see it in person but I do know that Roo's coat looks like crap right now. She is totally fluffy-soft and blowing.
    Kim

nwlabs is offline Senior Member

I think he is a nice young boy and looks like a boy of 15 mos should look. If I were to get picky, I would probably want a bit *more* in the rear, but that is getting picky and when evaluating, you must look at the whole picture and overall....he is a nice pup.

I am so sorry about the OCD, its a heartbreaking hobby isn't it? We have all been through something similar and can completely empathize with you.

That said, I am glad to hear you are going to do other things with him. Good for you. Best of luck with him.

Honeydark is offline Junior Member

wigwag your black boy ITS WONDERFUL !!!! SUPER !!!!
    iTS MY LABRADOR TYPE!

www.honeydarkoversize.net<br />www.honeydark-labradors.it