Rally Nightmare come true
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rally Nightmare come true

DefaultRally Nightmare come true

LOL
    Last night I took Leo to his first "formal" obedience class and Rally run-through. He really did well for the most part and even the Rally wasn't bad until (sound effect: screech screech screech from the original Pshycho movie) he saw his first orange cone. What do you think he did?? He did what any red-blooded all-American boy would do....He lifted his leg right there in the ring. :

I knew he would! I had nightmares about it. I even told a girl we were waiting next to that I was afraid he'd react that way. "Look mom....I hydrant in the middle of a room!! How cool is that!!"

Other than the leg lifting incident he did OK. We'll see how he does next week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Rally Nightmare come true

LOL...thats what happens when you worry about something...it comes true. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. I don't let the boys lift on things that people have to touch like cones and definitely not on anything inside...I hate that!

Maybe you could set him up and give him a really good correction for doing that.

I guess I'm confused why you would have even thought of this...do you normally let him pee on anything and everything? Even indoors?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JacksAndLabs
    I guess I'm confused why you would have even thought of this...do you normally let him pee on anything and everything? Even indoors?
    Of course not, but there is a difference between furniture in a home and a freaking cone at dog club. The smell of at least 100 strange dogs and more importantly bitches is around and he has never been in that environment before.

Truthfully I'm a little put off by the way this post is going. This was supposed to be a funny post about a stud dog's first trip to dog class, not a post to point fingers at me as if I did something wrong. He has been potty trained since he was a puppy, and he got his correction right away. We went through the course another 3 times and he did very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Page
    Truthfully I'm a little put off by the way this post is going. This was supposed to be a funny post about a stud dog's first trip to dog class, not a post to point fingers at me as if I did something wrong. He has been potty trained since he was a puppy, and he got his correction right away. We went through the course another 3 times and he did very well.
    Sorry Page... I have self fulfilling prophecy stories up the wazoo for my times in Utility...it happens. I had to actually visualize the routines before I would do them. If you talk to some horse training people...they do the visualization stuff. It works!

As far as him peeing on the cone. I didn't say you did something wrong and since you didn't say you corrected him...I assumed he was not. LOTS of people let their stud dogs mark inside at shows...you would not be the first. I just say that I do NOT even with bitches around. Jarrett sniffed at a trash barrell (peed on by countless males before) at an inside show once and I knew what *might* have happened...so I just said "Don't even THINK about it!" and he knows not to.

Don't assume the worst of us here Page....

Quote Originally Posted by nwlabs
    Don't assume the worst of us here Page....
    I don't.

You are right it was a total self-fullfilling prophecy. I agreed 100% with everything you posted.

...and I hate it too when they mark. I don't allow mine to mark at dog shows without a reprimand either. Sometimes they really want to, but they are good about not marking ringside...even when other dogs mark their crates. LOL (Yuck)...it has really happened.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Thankfully Caleb has never done that. I would kill him! But then again, I have orange cones all over my building that I use in classes.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boys Mom
    Thankfully Caleb has never done that. I would kill him! But then again, I have orange cones all over my building that I use in classes.
    In Leo's defense, the only time he's seen those cones in the past he was allowed to pee on them. Our old dog park had them up when the drain system by the pond was being repaired and although I didn't let him play in the "construction area" I did let him pee on them. Who knew I'd be doing Rally later?? I never even knew what the heck Rally was.

Oh Leo!!

We went to this clicks for tricks class when Henry was a little puppy... targetting and all that. Well, they taught the dogs to target an orange cone. :-\ You can guess what happened the next few times Henry saw an orange cone. :

Awwww, Page.. He couldn't help it. His girlyfriends were there!!! ;D

Sometimes they really want to, but they are good about not marking ringside...even when other dogs mark their crates. LOL (Yuck)...it has really happened.
    I've seen it happen to both Dan and Leo..... While they were both still IN the crates. YUCK!!! If I were them, I would have wanted to pee on that dog!!!

BTW- Page, I for one know for a fact that your boys are very well behaved at the dog shows and would NEVER be allowed to mark and not get a good talkin' to!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast