Rally Nightmare come true - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rally Nightmare come true

DefaultRe: Rally Nightmare come true

Seriously? I have never seen another dog allowed to mark a dog's crate. That is disgusting. I am glad I show around these here civilized parts

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

LOL- I actually think your self-fulfilling prophesy is pretty funny, Page. I can see how it could happen the first time around cones in that manner- heck, they're usually even the right size for a nice dog pee! I can't wait to see what Monty does when he is faced with cones like that...and I don't even let my dogs pee/poop when on walks! They "pee on command" (when I tell them to or give them the "okay") if that makes any sense. It certainly lessens the "wandering around and around grassy areas at shows." LOL You just never know what will happen...they like to keep you on your toes, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much
    Seriously? I have never seen another dog allowed to mark a dog's crate. That is disgusting. I am glad I show around these here civilized parts
    LOL- I've seen it happen a multitude of times to chairs (ringside or near a set-up), EZ Up canopies, crates, you-name-it. There are some kennel dogs around who simply don't get the training *not* to before being taken to their first couple of shows, or they aren't out enough to relieve themselves and *really* have to pee, and sometimes, breeders and people showing simply get caught up talking to someone they haven't seen in a long time while holding a dog and let their guard down or attention wander momentarily... But you know these Californians...not very civilized folks! LOL Honestly, I can definitely see how it happens. It doesn't make it very pleasant to clean up, though. Ugh. I've had to clean up my EZ Up several times because of this. :-X

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

hehehe, what a guy!

Remington didn't do that, but what he did the first time he saw the signs was to stand with his ruff up and bark at them while backing away!!!

Hopefully your boy has gotten that out of his system and now he can buckle down and get to work

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    Oh Leo!!

We went to this clicks for tricks class when Henry was a little puppy... targetting and all that. Well, they taught the dogs to target an orange cone. :-\ You can guess what happened the next few times Henry saw an orange cone. :
    Oh...I can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by dostafflabs
    Awwww, Page.. He couldn't help it. His girlyfriends were there!!! ;D

BTW- Page, I for one know for a fact that your boys are very well behaved at the dog shows and would NEVER be allowed to mark and not get a good talkin' to!
    That is true. One of his 3 favorite bitches in the world was in the next ring watching him. He was probably just flexing his muscles for his honey! Thanks Melissa.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much
    I have never seen a dog mark a wire crate, but I put my boys in soft crates ringside. Only slightly illegal, but so convenient. For some reason, dogs waiting ringside without their owner's full attention always try to lift a leg on it while walking by.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    I don't even let my dogs pee/poop when on walks! They "pee on command" (when I tell them to or give them the "okay") if that makes any sense. It certainly lessens the "wandering around and around grassy areas at shows."
    Maybe I'll start working on that. ;D

I know someone who's boy is notorious for lifting his leg on other people.

I'd be mortified.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    Oh Leo!!

We went to this clicks for tricks class when Henry was a little puppy... targetting and all that. Well, they taught the dogs to target an orange cone.  :-\ You can guess what happened the next few times Henry saw an orange cone.  :
    I guess Baloo's head must look orange and pointy to Henery..... 
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317

I guess Baloo's head must look orange and pointy to Henery.....
    Ha!

That's awesome!

I met a girl at a trial last week who told me that her Newfie had peed on the judge his first time out

HA Kate!! No, he learned to target cones with his NOSE... He just liked Baloo and wanted to claim him as his.

I know someone who's boy is notorious for lifting his leg on other people.
    HEE,hee, gotta laugh at that one... I had Page's boys for a while (when she broke her leg) and I was 'fixing' the fence so Dan couldn't get out. I was basicaly on all fours and Leo was smelling of me through the fence. I told him "Leo, if you pee on me...." About that time, what did he do??? Lifted his leg an PEED on me!!! It was by the fence post, but ooooh I was so ticked!!! ;D ;D ;D I can laugh at it now...

patm is offline Senior Member

I've only had one boy, and he is neutered, and took about 2 years to even start lifting his leg. Now he "marks" things outside, but only living things - I've never seen him mark an inanimant object. Weird huh? But even I had a little worry before we went into class for his second time last night that he might decide to pee on something :-\

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast