We're branching out to try new things. Advice from others who have been there. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We're branching out to try new things. Advice from others who have been there.

DefaultRe: We're branching out to try new things. Advice from others who have been there.

I don't think he'd have a problem with them, but who knows.
    As long as he doesn't try to mark them!! ;D Sorry, Page, I couldn't help it!!

Hey, he'll do fine.... I just wish I could be there to cheer you two on. Stupid MartiGras!!! ;D

See if you can't come out on tuesday.... I'm sure they would love to have you there. It does start at 8, so that should give you plenty of time to go home first....

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: We're branching out to try new things. Advice from others who have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by dostafflabs

As long as he doesn't try to mark them!! ;D Sorry, Page, I couldn't help it!!
    LOL. That is hilarious!! That is actually part 2 of the aforementioned nightmare, but I didn't want to mention it earlier. I can just see him thinking. "It's a mini firehydrant" and letting her rip.

DefaultRe: We're branching out to try new things. Advice from others who have been ther

Quote Originally Posted by Page
    Truthfully, I am a lot more nervous that I'll miss a station or make a mistake to get us disqualified than I am about him misbehaving.
    Rally is almost always handler error! I can't tell you how often I have gotten lost on course. Make sure to show up early enough to walk the course (they usually run A and B together) and just walk it several times ( until they kick you off!).

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

I've seen dogs, and owners, in rally who looked like they have not seen a day of training and STILL get a Q ;D

The ONLY time we NQ'd was totally MY fault. I have a TON of crap on my mind already,being that I was the obedience chair. It was HOT and I missed a station. Other than that it was probably Lily's best run ever in the Rally ring and I screwed it up!!
    Kim

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Good luck. Y'all will do fine. Just remember to breathe.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: We're branching out to try new things. Advice from others who have been ther

You'll do fine. Relax and have fun with it.

I literally dragged Remington around the ring in Savannah because it was hot outside and he was plain ole tired and hot, I would not have given myself a Q, but the judge gave us a Q and a score of 84. Not bad for dragging him around.

You'll have a blast with it. And you'll probably go on from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12