Doing 3rd progesterone tomorrow
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doing 3rd progesterone tomorrow

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultDoing 3rd progesterone tomorrow

I need some serious good luck that Grace is finally heading towards her LH surge. She will be at Day 13 tomorrow. Day 10 had her still at .9 ng.

At this rate I am starting to get pretty pessimistic that we'll ever see puppies!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Doing 3rd progesterone tomorrow

How frustrating. I'll be sending good LH surge thoughts for Grace.

Hang in there. Marley had SEVEN tests done one time and she didn't ovulate until day 25-26. I know...not what you wanted to hear, but 3 is nuthin'! LOL

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

krisinme is offline Senior Member

About now you should start seeing a rise. Let us know what the numbers are when you get them. MY first time I had 5 blood draws at 102 bucks a draw. Don't worry.. 3 is nothing!

I did 4, but they weren't 100 bucks a draw! Yikes!

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Acckkk, I feel your pain. Here are Fuji's latest progesterones:
    Day 6: 50% cornified, only 0.6 ng progesterone
    Day 10: 95% cornified, only 0.9 ng
    Day 13: who cares about cornification at this point, but was up to 3.1 ng
    Day 14 (thought I had the tiger by the tail and would show ovulation): 3.2ng :'( (I had ordered first shipment of semen due to holiday...)
    Day 17: 17.8 ng. We inseminated shipment that morning--- I had rec'd it 2 days earlier which was babysat in my fridge at 33F over the weekend so it was a "what the heck?" breeding. Should have been perfect timing... semen looked good at AI time.
    Day 19: 2nd shipment/AI.
    Today: She's 7.5 wks preggers... she's not huge by any stretch (I'm guessing 6 tops) but doppler has found some heartbeats in the areas not covered w/ hair or impeded by ribs........ IOW, the bottom line is success= puppies, not how long or how much $ it takes to get there! Best of luck. Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Thanks for all the encouragement, and your detailed experience Anne! My vet is $60, so it's not too bad, but it's just frustrating! And then I heard that the same bitch might not even be consistent on the next cylce, so if I ever breed again, I'll go through the SAME wondering. Gotta love dogs, they ALWAYS keep you on your toes!

Ruby was the same both cycles, but yes, who knows next time.

I'm still thinking no puppies for Ruby, so I will have to live vicariously through you until August.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CYNLABS
    Thanks for all the encouragement, and your detailed experience Anne! My vet is $60, so it's not too bad, but it's just frustrating! And then I heard that the same bitch might not even be consistent on the next cylce, so if I ever breed again, I'll go through the SAME wondering. Gotta love dogs, they ALWAYS keep you on your toes!
    Yes, that is correct. Fuji ovulated 2 days earlier last year and was AI'd on days 15 and 17 for a litter of 7. We managed to pin her number down in 2 draws then, so w/ 5 she was feeling like a pin cushion. Sometimes they'll hit the 2-3 range and plateau there for several days to really screw you up, which is why you HAVE to follow thru til she hits 5ng (ovulation). But look at it this way, you don't have to do the brucella screen if you do AI, so that's one savings! And the $50 per AI that I pay pretty much evens out the average gas cost to W. WA or wherever I may have to take my girl for breeding.

We are really lucky in that Phoenix testing labs recently began to give 50% breaks on the follow up progesterone tests, so now it's $49 (plus blood draw of $14.80) for the first, but half after that. I believe my clinic dropped the draw fee for follow ups too. They want folks to get it right, get her preggers w/o worry of going (too) broke! Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Grace was 6.6 and the stud owner was soooo cool and offered to get the shipment out tonight even though it meant rushing around for her. The vet even offered to come in on her day off (Saturday) if I couldn't get the shipment until then. Everyone I have run into with this has been so nice!!!

So we are breeding tomorrow and Sunday. And hopefully in 63 days there will be lots of chocolate puppies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast