Please Critique
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Critique

DefaultPlease Critique

Good morning People

Here are two puppies out of my current litter. They are 6 weeks old today. I will post the remainder of litter once I get home.

The breeding is: Foxcreek's Lets Get it On X Ch Simerdown's Hilton WC

Any comments/feedback welcome!

Marilyne
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Please Critique

I don't know how folks can tell with pups that are so young, but I think they are both good looking dogs!

Well, my official opinion is to take more pictures.

They look not very well set into themselves in those pictures, very stuffy upfront, but they are being held in place. I suggest trying again with cream cheese or something to get them more relaxed on the table.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sure I'll take more and post again.. :-)

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I think they're super cute. :-*
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

labby is offline Senior Member

See how I'm holding the tub of cream cheese and letting the puppy set herself up?

It's a more natural pose and therefore you can see the actual conformation of the puppy better. Try that and then post them when you have them done.

Laura

Seriously though Laura, how many tubs of cream cheese does one go through when doing this? I always wonder...

labby is offline Senior Member

Not a whole one Melissa. Each puppy gets a few licks in. I usually end up throwing the tub out after the puppies leave. There is prolly 3/4 or more left in it.

Laura

Like everyone else said, its hard to tell with the photos you provide, not to mention me being a novice of 5 years, I'll try my best...

Puppy #1: Overall, this puppy looks a little 'uptight' in the making, but it just may be the position of the dog or the handling. This young boy seems to carry a nice short back, but with that appearnce of slight arch, turns me off a little, but may straighten out as he matures...
    I admire his strong, broad, sturdy neck, and his front. I do not favor hoeever too much, his angles at all, to me he looks tight in at the elbow, and also restriced in the shoulder. I would also love to see more angle of his stifle, but it may come with age.
    I do admire, though, his thick, deep body and wonderful amount of bone, his tailset and otter tail is wonderful, not to mention is cute expression.

Puppy #2: This pupy seems a little les uptight in his making. I love his amount of bone though..I also admire him for his more apparant turn of stifle, and his wonderfully thick otter tail. This puppy isn't quite as thick or deepo chested and bodied as #1, but overall, I think he's easier and cleaner in the making...

I would wait another two weeks to really evaluate them for their quality. Thye are both very cute, and have alot of potential. Good luck!

Hillary

Thanks Hilary; The 2nd pup is actually a bitch :-) She is very nice and moves nicely as well. Like everyone said I'll post more pictures and will attempt the cream cheese trick.. no doubt they'll fall for it

I should have them up later on today... and I'll have the rest of the litter.

Thanks all,

Marilyne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast