Monty leaves early Sunday for a trip to The LRC Nationals in Hillsboro, OR
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monty leaves early Sunday for a trip to The LRC Nationals in Hillsboro, OR

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultMonty leaves early Sunday for a trip to The LRC Nationals in Hillsboro, OR

He will be driving up with a good friend/mentor, her youngest daughter, and 2 of their dogs (a veteran bitch and an adorable yellow boy youngster). I have to work this next week, so will be flying up Thursday night with her older daughter (who shows Monty in junior showmanship) so that I can take him into Open Yellow on Friday. Then, I'll get to help drive back down to southern California starting Saturday morning! Whirlwind trip, but should be a ton of fun! It is supposed to rain all week, and we're not expecting anything great, but I have never been to the Nationals before, so this was a great opportunity! And I guess you never know....the judge for dogs on Friday is one whose dogs are throughout Monty's dam's pedigree (from Finland).

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Monty leaves early Sunday for a trip to The LRC Nationals in Hillsboro, OR

Good luck to Monty! How exciting!! ;D

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Monty leaves early Sunday for a trip to The LRC Nationals in Hillsboro, OR

Good luck to Monty.

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Good Luck and bet Monty will do great. He is a very nice looking boy and it can hurt to have the type of dog the judge breeds.

I got to go last year and will again when it is closer. I did run my butt off competing for A Dog for All Reason which we did get. I did Open A, Rally Exe B, Agility Nov Pref Standard and Jumpers and Am Bred. It also rained a lot and was very cold. The agility course was very far from all the other rings so we did a lot of running back and forth.

But we met a lot of wonderful people and saw a lot of beautiful dogs. It was a blast and I look forward to doing it again soon. Somedays I think I am crazy for all I put myself through.

Dayna

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

Good luck! He's such a nice boy!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.

krisinme is offline Senior Member

Good luck Monty!!

Thanks, everyone!

It is so quiet around the house without the Mont-ster around...Libby is getting a lot of quality time with us, though, and finally gets to wear "jewelry" (her festive autumn leaf collar) again without the risk of having a jaw get caught due to constant games of bitey-face.

They're on the road and made a marathon trip today, driving from 7am until around 4:30-5pm and ending up in Shasta. Tomorrow, they'll make the remainder of the trip to Hillsboro. What an exhausting trip for them...Monty has been a very good boy (so far), which is always good to hear, too. I'm glad to be able to help out with the drive back down here starting Saturday morning!

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Good luck Monty and Julie! What a great trip.

So, I'll be leaving out of LAX with my friend's oldest daughter tonight at 8:30-ish. I had an early morning at work and then leave early this afternoon...so I get to be reunited with my little man tonight when our flight gets in around 11pm. Every day, I get updates on how much he's making them laugh up there...the last couple of evenings in the hotel room, all he has wanted to do was jump from bed to bed to bed to bed.....you get the drift. LOL I just love these goofy boys!

Good luck!

I'm so bummed I didn't get to go this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast