Monty leaves early Sunday for a trip to The LRC Nationals in Hillsboro, OR - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monty leaves early Sunday for a trip to The LRC Nationals in Hillsboro, OR

Jasmine Dream is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Monty leaves early Sunday for a trip to The LRC Nationals in Hillsboro, OR

good luck!! i am sure you will all do great!!

Twinpond's Jasmine "Jazz" Dream
    Born 12.31.04

Visit Jazz's Web Site

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Monty leaves early Sunday for a trip to The LRC Nationals in Hillsboro, OR

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    So, I'll be leaving out of LAX with my friend's oldest daughter tonight at 8:30-ish. I had an early morning at work and then leave early this afternoon...so I get to be reunited with my little man tonight when our flight gets in around 11pm. Every day, I get updates on how much he's making them laugh up there...the last couple of evenings in the hotel room, all he has wanted to do was jump from bed to bed to bed to bed.....you get the drift. LOL I just love these goofy boys!
    Oh, that is not just the boys!!!! Fuji & Mata did it in the Hillsboro host hotel too!!! ;D Hope it was a fun trip for you, and I'm sorry I was only there on Thursday now. I COULD have stayed an extra day by the looks of things work-wise when I got back!
    -Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrainz
    Oh, that is not just the boys!!!! Fuji & Mata did it in the Hillsboro host hotel too!!! ;D Hope it was a fun trip for you, and I'm sorry I was only there on Thursday now.
    Sounds like you had just as much fun as we did!

Monty had sooo much fun in the room...he and my friend's daughter became fast friends, and she would crawl under the covers giggling while he tried to dig her out and roll on her. Then, she'd lay on the top of the covers but on top of a toy, and laugh and laugh when he would try to stick his nose under her to try to reach it. It was pretty funny. Like my friend said, "I think there is a new president of the Monty Fan Club!" Boys in general are just plain goofy, though. He is my first male, and I have definitely fallen in love with their clownish natures. LOL

We had a fantastic time...and it would have been great to get to meet you before we started our long trek back home! I miss the Pacific NW a lot- the (mellow) friendly people, the weather, the green, the lakes/creeks/rivers/Pacific. Maybe someday I'll get to come back home- In the meantime, "home" is where the heart is.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    Monty had sooo much fun in the room...he and my friend's daughter became fast friends, and she would crawl under the covers giggling while he tried to dig her out and roll on her. Then, she'd lay on the top of the covers but on top of a toy, and laugh and laugh when he would try to stick his nose under her to try to reach it. It was pretty funny. Like my friend said, "I think there is a new president of the Monty Fan Club!" Boys in general are just plain goofy, though. He is my first male, and I have definitely fallen in love with their clownish natures. LOL
    Oh, Julie--that is why I have grown to love my boys! I loved Becca--she was my first competition dog and all, but I'll take my boys any day! They never seem to loose that attitude. Caleb's almost 5 now and still acts like that most of the time.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

By the way, Monty did very well at the Nationals. He made the cut of 6 out of a very competitive class of 20 in Open Yellow, but we didn't get a ribbon. Got a couple of breeding inquiries, though! LOL He moved well, stacked well (a bit less animated than I was hoping in that final cut since we were all standing out in the direct sunlight just about noon- it was getting quite warm out there!), and we had a lot of fun. Not bad for a boy less than 2 and a novice handler with her first show dog! Trudy Rose took 1st and then RWD with a beautiful Talimar boy, and then Marlynne Durham took 2nd with Hyspire's Bodacious. I don't remember the rest of the lineup or who else made the cut.

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

Julie was that you handling him? He looked good and it was a competitive class. It did get darned hot on Friday...my guy was fizzling out from the heat during winner's dog. NOT complaining though. I can't believe how we lucked out with the weather as the forecast was not looking good.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by FallRiver
    Julie was that you handling him? He looked good and it was a competitive class. It did get darned hot on Friday...my guy was fizzling out from the heat during winner's dog. NOT complaining though. I can't believe how we lucked out with the weather as the forecast was not looking good.
    Yes, that was me! Thanks! I was actually very pleased with how he showed, except for the heat getting to him after the cut was made. It was difficult to get him "up" after the sun finally set in. Before that, he was all about goofing around, LOL. I got some great compliments from some pretty influential folks, which was wonderful. And since I've been on a diet, several didn't even recognize me until they saw Monty or looked him up in the catalog.

Man, I wish I knew that you were going to be there, it would have been great to meet you in person! Who were you handling in WD? I got some photos during the WD class, but there were specific people who asked me to grab shots of them, so I don't know yet if I squeezed you in there at all.

We had a beautiful drive home...all 16 1/2 hours of it from 9am Saturday until 1:30-2am Sunday (with a couple of brief potty stops). Now, I have to pack my car up for GGLRC this Friday (leaving after work Thursday night)...wowza! Only a couple more shows until the end of the year, though- GGLRC and one of its supported entry days, HDLRC (Nov 10-11) and HDLRC's supported entry (Nov 17-18, I believe).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12