Just got a proof of Monty's SVLRC specialty win photo via e-mail...

Thread: Just got a proof of Monty's SVLRC specialty win photo via e-mail...

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultJust got a proof of Monty's SVLRC specialty win photo via e-mail...

Definitely not the best photo of either of us, but what a memorable occasion! Monty's 2nd birthday is coming up on October 23rd...it has been so much fun to watch this little Mont-ster grow up, and I can't wait to see what he'll look like in another year or two. What fun!

Just ignore that stance...for some reason, the photographers at some of these specialty shows don't always have you stand in front of the dog to free-bait. It leaves much to be desired in labrador show photos, I think, and it definitely didn't help any of the dogs (or us humans) to be trying to snap good photos of them when it was 100+ degrees F outside. Yuck!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Just got a proof of Monty's SVLRC specialty win photo via e-mail...

Wow has he ever gotten big! When did he grow up?

Congrats again on the win!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much
    Wow has he ever gotten big! When did he grow up?
    Honestly, I have no idea...they never seem like they're growing until you look at photos of them even a couple of months prior. It will be interesting to see what he looks like at 3-4 years old, won't it?

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

meandclint is offline Senior Member

;D With him a few feet out from you and closer to the camera he does look HUGE! Nice nice win.

Quote Originally Posted by WigWag
    ;D With him a few feet out from you and closer to the camera he does look HUGE! Nice nice win.
    LOL- I didn't even think about the angle making him look huge like that...I was thinking that Melissa was just commenting on how much he has grown up and matured! LOL That's hillarious! ;D

I was just thinking how strange it is how these two photos were taken only a week apart...one was taken 8/26 and the other on 9/3. To me, they almost don't even look like he's the same dog! Just goes to show you that photographs don't always show the dog how they actually are in real life, especially when it comes to weight or whatnot. Yet so many people form opinions based on photographs alone...amazing!

He's such a handsome boy. It's been fun to watch him grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    I was just thinking how strange it is how these two photos were taken only a week apart...one was taken 8/26 and the other on 9/3.
    That's amazing. He does look different in each photo.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover

Just ignore that stance...for some reason, the photographers at some of these specialty shows don't always have you stand in front of the dog to free-bait.
    Not a specialty but I insisted that photos at the match last weekend were taken with me in front of Essy. The photographer said "well, if that's what you REALLY want." Umm...yes. I REALLY want my dog to look her best and let's not talk about the side view of me. :