Update On Drifter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update On Drifter

DefaultUpdate On Drifter

I am happy to share good news with you.

I want to thank you for all the support and prayers that got us both through it, we know Drifter is wagging his tail and sending his slobbery kisses as we speak in thanks.

Tuesday we visited him at the animal hospital, just to say goodnight, and hoping it wasn't our last, we stroked him, and talked to him in our familular voices. The vet told us, he was iporving a little, swallowing, and looking a bit better, although his panting kept u, and he was still in his 'coma'.
    Anyways, with our familular voice and soft petting, he started 'coming to', he swallowed a few times, and actually tried to lift his head and look at us, we were thrilled to see our baby boy coming back after such a scare.

The vets came in the next morning, had him on an IV drip all night, and they found him surprizingly sitting up, wagging his tail, like nothing ever happend.
    I had the privilege of getting to pick up my boy yesterday, he was so excited to see us, wagging his tail happily, and acting like his normal self, like nothing ever happend at all.
    I had the vet do some blood work, he's running it right now, and we hope to have the results soon.
    The vets there are still baffled at the idea, but hope they can pinpoint the cause. If they don't I will strongly consider going to either Loomis or UC Davis, as something this odd can't go unnoticed without a cause.

He is now safely home, acting like his normal self, he must have been in his coma for atleasr 12 hours.
    We are so thrilled to have our boy safely hom, we hope it wil never happen again, and we hope find out the cause soon, but as for now, even though my bank account is now crying, we are all so happy he's home, well and very, very happy to be alive.

I'm happy to say, we had a happy ending. (By the way, for those of you who were wondering his reg name, it's Camelot's Sea Drifter CGC, affectionatly known as Drifter or Bubba.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Update On Drifter

I'm so pleased to hear that Drifter is better....been watching for an update. I hope you can discover what caused it....and hopefully it won't ever happen again. Very scary for you!

Welcome back Drifter!

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Fantastic news, Hillary!!! Thank goodness...prayers answered once again!

(((Hugs))) to you and your boy

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

Just amazing...I'm SO happy for you and Drifter.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Thank you so much! Drifter is as happy as ever (Except for the shaven spots, oh well, no more shows until next year....But atleast he's ok!), thanks for all your prayers and good wishes to get him through this hard time.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

What great news!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Excellent!! Glad you've got your boy back. Bet he was hungry after 12 hours.

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

This is great news. Praying he continues to improve.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

I'm glad to hear Drifter is doing much better, hopefully they can figure out what went wrong. All the best.

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

That is the best news I've heard today! Give the boy a big hug from me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast