One more brag... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One more brag...

DefaultRe: One more brag...

Monty looked absolutly wonderufl. I couldn't saty all day Monday, but was able to see him win his competitive class, I just ahd a feeling about that WD class as well.

Way to go, you two absolutly deserved every win!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Brook
    Monty looked absolutely wonderful. I couldn't stay all day Monday, but was able to see him win his competitive class, I just had a feeling about that WD class as well.

Way to go, you two absolutely deserved every win!
    Thanks so much, Hillary! It was so great to meet you outside of the group ring that evening...just wish I had met your Drifter, too! You were such a pro out there with your boy all weekend, too- you both looked fantastic and make a great team!

Anyhow, thank you for sharing the excitement of our good news...all of you!!! ;D

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

LORDY, you guys are on an impressive roll!!! Congratulations and keep going
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    Monty looked absolutely wonderful. I couldn't stay all day Monday, but was able to see him win his competitive class, I just had a feeling about that WD class as well.

Way to go, you two absolutely deserved every win!
    Thanks so much, Hillary! It was so great to meet you outside of the group ring that evening...just wish I had met your Drifter, too! You were such a pro out there with your boy all weekend, too- you both looked fantastic and make a great team!

Anyhow, thank you for sharing the excitement of our good news...all of you!!! ;D

Thanks Julie! Now only if I get get that infamous tail to wag of Drifter's... It was very nice meeting you and seeing your boy show his stuff. I wish you the best of luck, we also look forward to hearing about his championship soon!

Now only if I get get that infamous tail to wag of Drifter's...
    LOL- anyone who has frequented this forum knows that Monty's tail (trying to get it wagging) has been the bane of my existence since he was a puppy...he is just soooo serious when it comes to showing! He just focuses in on my and usually stands completely still (unless he's shuffling his feet around, which also drives me crazy! LOL).

Most here will tell you that in early photos of him as a puppy, they kept telling me to get his tail wagging. I tried to goof around with him, clicker-train for this, tried commands and treats, tried rough-housing with him in the ring, etc. etc. etc. Nothing really worked all that great. I think the problem I had, since Monty was my first show-dog to try to "train" was trying for perfection to early on, as well as trying too much hand-stacking for the all-breed ring rather than just letting him be a puppy. I have heard from a few of the big name breeders that they don't put a hand on them (hand-stacking) until they're well over a year old...most dogs hate this, it seems, and that tail just hangs down. Believe me, I won't ever make this mistake again...thankfully Monty is pretty darned forgiving! LOL

You saw a complete breakthrough on Monday...I finally found a way to get him wagging and pretty darned animated in the ring (ie- "got his groove goin' on!")! It took me over a year to find the secret for him and *that* was even more exciting for me than the placement!

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Huge Congrats! He is such a pretty boy! I was lucky enough to visit the other forum and see the Breaking News pretty early on. That was so awesome that it was posted so quickly. I am sure you are very proud. Great Job to both of you!

Congrats Julie and Monty!!! Wow, not long now before you make the big annoncement that he is not CHAMPION!!! ;D Can't wait...

Quote Originally Posted by dostafflabs
    Wow, not long now before you make the big annoncement that he is not CHAMPION!!! ;D
    LOL- I think I can make that announcement now! He is NOT champion! ;D

That was too cute to pass up! Thanks for the giggle this morning. I know what you meant, and I appreciate it tons!

That is awesome and what a nice place to earn a major. Always good to get that second major out of the way so you can not worry about majors breaking!

I finished one of my males 2 weekends ago with a 4 pointer at a supported entry! I'm still forgetting he is finished -- keep looking at show premiums and strategizing.....habit.......although he will be shown in BOB a bit for fun.
    Deb H.
    Dunn's Marsh
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12