Drifter Returns!

Thread: Drifter Returns!

DefaultDrifter Returns!

A week ago, we decided to take our boys to practice for a specialty, so they could get used to the grounds and whatnot.
    Both Cocoa and Drifter came along. Cocoa being the Obedience dog, practiced a few rounds so he could feel comfortable with the footing and exercises done elsewhere.
    We took Drifter along, so he too could get used to the footing and such. We thought it would be a great opertunity to take 'snap a few'. Please critique him (Likes and dislikes), he is 2.5 yrs old, took a year off to mature, we only hope he can come out and be more competitve..

As you can see, we've worked a bit on our showmanship (hence the level planes and straighter hocks. )

By far my favorite.

Ok, maybe head up a lil, but atleast his tail is up as well.

Gaiting

Sorry, this one is at home, it's kinda dark....

a little stretched out...

Sitting pretty..

Thanks & enjoy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Drifter Returns!

I'll leave the critiquing to the individuals on the forum that know more. I just wanted to comment that he looks very nice.

I have already critiqued this boy a couple of times so I won't do it again - I do love his head!

I just wanted to say that his hocks are not vertical in any of the pictures - he doesn't have a lot of turn of stifle to spare and it's being "used up" by stretching him out in the back end. His back end will look its' best if the hocks are vertical.

Nice tail too!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for your compliements.

Yes, I too agree. We are working on him to not overstretch, as it just looks worse. He's getting better, But I'd love to see his hocks stright, level and stay there more often.
    Thank you so much!

Can you get his tail wagging while he is stacked? They often set their back legs into a good position in order to stabilise themselves while the tail is wagging - equal weight on both legs too.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab
    Can you get his tail wagging while he is stacked? They often set their back legs into a good position in order to stabilise themselves while the tail is wagging - equal weight on both legs too.
    Well, that's the problem, he does wag, just not very much at shows unless he has been there for hours, he gets kind of nervous, so we try to hype him up with food, toys, bait, etc, but he just shuts of in the ring, very seldomly does he wag. He enjoys showing, but just gets a little nervous.
    We are working hard on it though, we have found new tings he likes, and hopes that will help the next time in the ring. Thank you though for the advice, we will defienlty use it.

I have a girl who is the same. Wags her tail beautifully for a bit of crust in the kitchen but won't wag her tail for BBQ chicken in the showring.