Drifter at 2.5 yrs...Critique

Thread: Drifter at 2.5 yrs...Critique

DefaultDrifter at 2.5 yrs...Critique

Freestack: (he neess some work...)

Handstack:

My personal favorite:

and a video...

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=e1aab22c.flv

Enjoy! Critiques (good & bad, welcome..)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Drifter at 2.5 yrs...Critique

woops, I have one more....

Great coat!!

Can you try to stack him with his rear legs absolutely perpendicular to the ground? He's overstretched in the rear, and it's too hard to see his angles that way.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

He's really maturing! Will you be showing him at SVLRC?

I agree about the rear- when he's overstretched, it really straightens out his angles back there. I like him free-stacked better, I think.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Thank you! We were worried about how we should stack him. Since all the other labs are usuall freestacked at the specialties, but he isn't so hot at it. But now, we have decided to mainly freestack him if you say so.

Yes, he is entered at the SVLRC show and gold Country. he has taken a year off the mature, and is looking great, we have decided to give it a few more shots, and we fell he'll do b etter, since he has had some time to grow.

Thank you so much, we will work on the stack, especially about keeping his rear perpendicular, thanks for tip!

See you at SVLRC!

Oh, and we never stack him with us on the ground usually like that, we always only either freestack, or stand and bait his head, we were just tired and having fun when we did on on the ground. Thanks!

He looks to be stacked okay in the first picture. I think he's lacking in his rear end. Lacking good angles and width of thigh. He's still a bit long in the leg/immature looking. Whether that will go with maturity or stay all depends on his genetic makeup. I like his substance but if he gets any heavier (I don't mean fatter) his neck might be too stuffy - he doesn't have quite enough length (might be that it's out of proportion with his legs - I am not very good at judging)

The overall picture is okay - I don't think he's outstanding but he's got some good points.

EDIT: I just noticed on my last critique of this same dog I said he had nice angles (just in case anyone was keepin track ). His back end looks different in the previous pictures..now I can't make up my mind!

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

I like him. Lovely type, good feet, good coat, lovely head and expression and very decent structure overall.
    That last pic of him where he is strung up...never do that in a specialty Can you see how it harshens his expression?
    How old is this boy?
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Lovemylabs is offline Member

Well I am a newbie but I have always liked Drifter. I think he is very handsome. ;D ;D He seems to be maturing nicely. Could have more second thigh and maybe more turn of stifle but in his free stack his rear angles look better. Overall he is very nice. Good luck with him!

~Karen.

well i will chime in on this. your first picutre of your boy is the best picture of a natural stand.he has good parallel plane for head and muzzle,good muzzle length/nice tight lips not jwallly, which some labs have.he has a clean neck, and nice reach, reach people forget that the lab needs a reach of neck( my pet peave). he appears to be a young boy not fully matured with muscle but his rear is lacking( as alot of male labs do).i would like to see less hock( slightly) and more turn and angulation in ther rear assembly( overall).one thing i notice it that his coat is open, his tail the garth hairs are just laying there, no wrapping.overall he is a nice dog and something to be proud of and work with to improve on his good qualtiies and improve on the areas needed. hopes this helps.here is a dog with very good undercoat and top coat and you can see the wrap in her tail, but she does have others areas that need improving upon.